②:①

CaughtPresent dayStorybrooke

Caught
Present day
Storybrooke

The old gas station at the end of town is going to be my next visit. As the door opens a bell can be heard throughout the empty store.

I calmly walked over to an aisle full of food, which was on the far side of the store, and grabbed my favorite bag of chips.

I turn my head to see if the cashier is watching and I drop an empty wallet just where he can see it.

I then walk over to get a drink out of the small refrigerator. As I close the door the man walks over to where I dropped "my wallet" and I quickly walk out of the store with ease.

The only problem with my plan was the loud bell that rang as I exited. I ran as fast as I could back into the woods so that the man could not catch me.

"Hopefully he didn't see my face well enough," I say to myself as I continue walking through the woods.

My campsite should be right over this hill...but nothing is there. I suddenly hear a loud crunch, which causes me to hunch down to hide.

"It's okay, I won't hurt you," a voice calls out.

I don't answer and look around for her.

The voice calls out again, "I'm Regina Mills. The major of this town."

I look to my left to see a woman. She was about my height and her short black hair nearly blended into her jacket as she came into view.

She didn't know where I was, but she knew I was here. She must have been waiting here for a while.

She stops and looks around, "Look...I'm here to help you, you don't need to be afraid. I know you've been stealing, you won't need to do that anymore if you come with me."

I look at the ground and think. Anything is better than the hard floor of a forest, right?

I walk over to "Regina" and stop about ten feet in front of her.

She looked at me, scanning my body, "You're much younger than I suspected."

"And you're much older than I suspected," I say with no emotion.

Her smile slowly fades as she rolls her eyes.

"I already regret even trying to be nice to you," she scowls.

I let out a snort and shook my head, "I'm doing just fine without any adults holding me back."

She scowls and says, "I was trying to be nice, but if you want to play that game, let's play...GRAHAM!"

All of a sudden a pair of hands wraps around my wrist and takes me to the ground, hitting my head on a rock and soon everything went black.

☾♥︎☽

I awoke with an immense pain in my head. The ceiling was spinning to a stop so I sat up to meet the eyes of the major.

"You didn't have to get your puppet to knock me out. And why the hell am I in jail," I angrily expressed.

"Well, dearie, you're in jail because that's what happens to a thief like you."

My eyes shift from Regina to an older man who looks so familiar yet not at all.

He smirks and says, "Where are my manors, I'm Mr. Gold. I own this town."

I get out of the uncomfortable bed and walk up to the bars of the cell, wrapping my hands around them.

I smirk lightly as I ask, "I would love to get to know you, Mr. Gold. So tell me, do you have a partner, maybe a child?" I ask.

A look of hurt flashes across his face.

"Oh no. Looks like I've hit a soft spot," I say sarcastically. With my amazing ability to read people I conclude, "You had a wife and a child, what did you do to them."

"I didn't do anything to them!" He says through his teeth as I laugh.

"That's enough! Gold, leave," Regina says and of course he obeys.

As soon as he left the room she turned to me with a shocked look.

I look at her and give a sweet smile, "What, you said you wanted to play games."

As soon as she was about to say something a young boy came in with a blonde woman behind him, "hey mom."

"Henry!" Regina said as she walked over and hugged him. She looked up at the blonde.

The blonde said, "We went out for ice cream, and he showed me more of the book."

The major's face looked terrified which caused me to laugh, drawing attention to myself.

The small boy named Henry looked at me, "Woah...Luna Woods."

I look at the boy in confusion, "Actually, my name is Brooklyn Smith...you were close though."

Regina looked at me then back at her son, "Henry, lets go."

They both walked out of the station, leaving me with the blonde.

"Why did she put you in here?" She asked, taking off her coat and setting it on her chair.

I smiled at her. "I don't have a home. I steal to survive."

She nodded in understanding as she crossed her arms and leaned against her desk.

"What's your name sheriff?" I ask.

She laughs, "I'm no sheriff."

"Ahh," I let go of the bars and curled back to the bed, "well, what they call ya round these parts?"

"Emma."

I smile, "Brooklyn."

"I know," she smiled and went to sit in her seat.

"Figured I'd give you a proper introduction," I shrug.

"It's nice to meet you Brooke."

"You too Emma."