②:①②

MessyPresent dayStorybrooke

Messy
Present day
Storybrooke

August and I sat in the booth closest to the doors as we talked.

"What brought you to Storybrooke?" I ask as we munch on our food.

"Meeting up with an old friend," he answers.

I nod then it went quiet again.

"I didn't think it was possible for an amputee to ride a motorcycle," I spit out.

My eyes widened and I realized what I just said and looked at August with an apologetic look.

He drops his fork and squints his eyes at me in shock.

"I am so sorry," I say, "I don't know why that just came out of my mouth."

"N-no, it's fine...it's just..." he shakes his head then whispers, "you can see it?"

My eyes dart to Granny, who was working behind the counter. She had not noticed the clanking of silverware, thank god.

"W-What do you mean by 'you can see it?'" I ask.

He shakes his head and goes back to eating.

"Brooklyn," he says in a questioning tone.

I hum in response.

"How old are you?"

"I'm eighteen," I swallow my last bite of food then sarcastically say, "don't worry you can shoot your shot."

"Ahh," he laughs, "do you know Henry Mills?"

"The mayor's kid?" I ask as he nods, "of course. He's the sweetest kid ever."

"Has he talked to you about his storybook?" He asks.

"Kind of," I explain, "I've only talked to him once really. His mom...well Regina, she pushed him away from me."

"Why?"

"Well it might have had something to do with the jail cell I was in."

He raises his eyebrow as Ruby comes over and collects our plates. After she leaves I look back over to him.

"I've lived in the woods ever since I remember," I say, "not totally alone because I would come out and wander the town when I needed food...which is what got me in that cell."

"You stole."

"There's no way to get money in the woods."

He hums, "well, it was nice talking to you. And I already paid our bill, so don't worry about it."

I smile at the man as he stands up and walks out the door.

There was definitely something about him that seemed familiar, but I couldn't quite place it.

I soon walked out the door after he drove off on his motorcycle. The man captivated me.

I walked back home thinking about the man as the crisp air of Maine blew against my face, leaving my nose and cheeks tinted red.

As I reached my house, I noticed that the front door was cracked open.

I furrowed my brows and quickly walked up to the door. A reddish-brown was splattered over the door.

I forcefully opened the door and rushed in.

Alec was no longer sleeping on the couch. He wasn't in his room or in any of the bathrooms either.

Alec was gone.

I grabbed the keys to the car and ran out the door. I started the car and drove to the only place I could think of. The station.

I quickly walked into the room to see Emma in her office as Regina talked to her.

I walked through the door and ignored the mayor. Every thought of decent manors went out the window.

Regina turned to me and scowled,"Excuse me-"

"Alec's missing," I cut her off as I stared at Emma.

The blonde got up from her seat and furrowed her eyebrows, "what do you mean he's missing."

"I-I went to the house and there was blood and he was gone."

Regina stared at me with an evil smile as I explained the story to Emma.

"Okay," the sheriff said as she walked up to me, resting her hands on my shoulders, "is there anywhere he might be?"

"Yeah. Sometimes he likes to bleed out and walk around town," I sarcastically said.

Emma shot me a warning glance and she turned to Regina, "can you please get out."

She smiled and adjusted the purse on her shoulder, and out the doors she went.

"Emma, please help me out here," I begged her.

She looked at me and crossed her arms over her torso, "are you sure he's missing?"

I nodded.

She sighed and leaned against her desk, "let's go to your house. We'll start there."

I nodded and rushed out the door, her following behind in pursuit.

Once at my house, she jumped out of her yellow bug and followed me up to the door. I stopped just before we could walk in and motion for her to take a look.

"Well then," she said as she took out her gun, ready to sweep the house.

I lower her gun with my hand and shake my head, "no ones in there. I checked."

Emma turned to me and gave me a shocked expression, "you went in there?"

"Uh yeah," I nod, "why? Is that not good?"

"You could have gotten killed!" She yelled, "what if there was a serial killer in there."

I laughed and rested my hands on my hips, "Emma, this is Storybrooke. The most eventful thing that's happened here is when I got arrested for stealing food."

She rolls her eyes and shakes her head as she enters the door, making sure not to touch the liquid on the door, "stay here."

I groan and walk over to the steps, plopping down on the top step and resting my chin in the palm of my hand.

I stared down at my dirty shoes until I heard the wooden floorboards creak behind me. I sat up and turned around to see Emma walk out, closing the door behind her.

I stood up and turned to her.

She shook her head, "I found nothing. It's like he just disappeared."

"Oh. So the splattered blood on the door is screaming 'run away' for you?" I sarcastically said.

She sighed and walked past me, "no, but the trail ends there."

She walked up to her car as I followed her, "so what do I do now?"

Emma sighed and gave me a tight lipped smile, "I think you should come live with us again."