Chapter fifteen - Let me love you

Start from the beginning

I won't be home tonight boo, but don't worry. Will be back somewhere in the afternoon.

It took me a while to get to sleep that morning. Something was definitely off. It wasn't like Liam to just go out and especially not coming home for the night. I would understand if he was with Niall and Harry, but they were in Paris, and I knew for a fact that Zayn wasn't in town either, him and Helen were invited to spend the vacation with her parents. I was wondering if I should ask him about it when he got home, but didn't reach a decision before I finally drifted off.

When I made my way into the living room, I felt relief washing through my body, noticing him in the armchair near the window, a book in his hands. I watched him for a while, his face scrunched as he tried to concentrate. He had a hard time doing so, obviously, as he didn't turn the page for at least five minutes of me standing there.

I went to make me some toast in the kitchen, and heard him get up and walk towards me. Soon enough his familiar arms wrapped around my waist from behind, his head resting on my back in between my shoulder blades.

“I missed you yesterday, and this morning.” I said softly while I was waiting for my toast to pop up.

“I missed you too boobear.” he replied, shifting his head on my back to make himself comfortable.

I waited a few minutes to see if he was going to give me some kind of explanation for his disappearing, but he remained quiet. I didn't want to pressure him, I mean, it's not like he owed me an explanation, I'm not his mother and he doesn't have to report to me where he's going or what he's doing, right?

My toast popped up from the toaster, so I took it and started nibbling on it, turning around to face him. I tried to catch his gaze, putting a finger under his chin to make him look me in the eyes. His large brown eyes shone with something I couldn't place.

“Liam? Are you okay?” I finally asked, rubbing my thumb across his cheek.

“Sure Lou, why wouldn't I be?” the strange emotion behind his eyes was gone already.

“You seem off...” I said, not sure how I should word the strange feeling I got the last few days.

“I'm perfectly fine boo, don't you worry. Don't break your pretty little head over it, okay?” he said, pressing a kiss on my lips.

“Okay. But you know I'm here for you, right? If you want to talk about something?” I replied, still unsure he wasn't trying to hide anything.

“I know Lou, but there is nothing wrong, I promise. Now, shall we have some fun before Niall and Harry come home?” he winked, already taking my hand and pulling me towards our bedroom.

The whole thing shifted to the back of my mind as he was already taking off his clothes before we got into the bedroom. His body was definitely the best distraction ever.

Niall's POV

Harry and I were both trying to keep the volume on our giggling down as we made our way upstairs. We knew Louis would be out working, but it was late and both Liam and our neighbours wouldn't appreciate to be woken up after midnight. We tried to get inside my room as silently as we could before we dumped the suitcases on the floor, not bothering with our laundry right now. I smiled at Harry as he turned around, taking me in his arms before leaning down to kiss me. I moaned at the feeling of his soft lips against mine, and gladly allowed his tongue to get into my mouth when he asked for it. I felt his tongue slip against mine, discovering every inch of my mouth as if it was the first time we kissed like this. I pulled away reluctantly, to walk over to my desk to close the curtains. I wasn't in the mood to be woken up early because of the sun that shone into my room. It was only then that I saw a small note on my desktop, Liam's handwriting on it.