XXIV. Dear readers, I made him angry

Chapter 24

"Clementine, Mister Augustus and Mister Leo are requesting some tea upstairs," muttered Martha while I was folding the bedsheets in the laundry room.

I quickly placed the bedsheets inside the huge woven basket and kicked it in the very corner, it ended up creating a sound that made both of us cringe.

"Careful, dear," I heard Martha warned, chuckling.

"Oops,"

I rose from the ground and did a few stretches since I've been sitting in this very spot since this morning. Plus, I still haven't eaten yet.

I wonder what's for today's dinner. I feel like I am slowly getting thinner. Why? it's because of the fact that household staff like me, well, except the higher ones are only allowed to eat milk and cheese, biscuits if we're pretty lucky.

Of course, at first, I cannot help myself from not complaining a bit but as time passed, I am getting used to it. Plus, it's been months since I time traveled to this era.

I wonder what's happening to the present right now. How's Grandpa? Does he know I am right here? That I am still alive? So many questions.

And what if I went back to the present times, what would I say to Grandpa? That I now know how to do household chores? Well, except for cooking. That I've had my first kiss which by the way, I am unconscious at that time. That I am no longer dreaming about this mysterious guy from my dreams every single night and that I met this not-so-handsome soldier yet has this effect on me that makes me wanna smile like a fool all day.

Uhm, what the hell did I just say?

Nah, I'll just tell Grandpa about my experience in buying a box of condoms. That would be hilarious yet embarrassing.

Suddenly, I felt a hard tap on my shoulder, "W-what?",blinking.

"I've lost you for like a minute, my dear. You were just staring at nothingness," Martha said, her arms crossed and worry is evident in her face.

"Oh," was my only reply. What a great talker I am.

"Tell me, child, are you okay?" asked Martha, now patting my back.

"I swear, I am fine, something random just crossed my mind and besides, I should be the one asking you that," I replied, checking her to detect any sign of weakness.

"I already drank what Mr. Augustus gave, God bless his soul, by the way, didn't know he has a side like this," exclaimed Martha, smiling broadly.

I was about to say something stupid, I guess when Martha cuts me off, "Off you go, my child, Mr. Augustus and his friend soldier are waiting for you in his office,"

With that, my posture automatically straightened. Shoot, I forgot about them. Mr. Augustus would surely be angry and Leo would surely let out another of his iconic fake coughs.

I am already outside, running towards the kitchen to request two cups of tea when I heard Martha hollered, "Tell Mr. Augustus my huge gratitude,"

Journey to the kitchen was a bit of a struggle because many maids would talk to me, asking me this and that. By the time I reached the kitchen, Chef Florentino was, as always, hollering at the kitchen staff. Poor them.

Right after I went to the corner and requested someone I know who makes tea very good to do, of course, some tea, I immediately exited the chaotic kitchen before Chef Florentino noticed my presence and began tossing me thousands of commands.

I am already half running and walking while on my way to Augustus' office, the tea almost fell hundreds of times in the stairs.

As soon as I reached the very familiar mahogany door, I knocked thrice before a very familiar face opened the door.