IV. ain't a serialkiller

Chapter 4

Why in the world would Douglas Bennett a.k.a the guy who I am supposed to kill is calling her?

Something tells me that I should definitely tell her that since she already met this Douglas guy then why not cut his throat already to cut this crap short?

But instead, the next thing I know, Miss Dolores was nowhere in sight, the girl probably three years older than me or whatsoever was staring happily at me.

I unconsciously raised my brow at her and asked her what she was smiling like a big fool.

Though I have to admit, I can't help but admire her features. I mean, I am so jealous of her non-freckled face and her blonde hair.

I have this urge to shout at her to get lost but since I remembered that I was not from this period and that I was just a plain housemaid which I still can't digest, I decided to just nod at her.

"Why is this guy Douglas calling Miss Dolores?" I asked, sitting in the bed while staring at her.

I saw how her strong features changed. She was totally flabbergasted and I don't know why. Her right hand covering her mouth.

"W-what?" I asked, getting a bit nervous and irritated, as usual.

"Keep your voice down, Clementine and may I remind you, we are prohibited to say Mr. Douglas Bennett without the word mister. It would be very, very disrespectful," she answered, arms crossed. I can see in her eyes.

""I don't know why but I just look at my plain and dusty brown shoes which is my first time seeing them and said, "S-sorry,"

"And what's up with you, Clementine? We must treat Missis Dolores with high respect and that is by calling her a 'Missis' despite the fact that she's unmarried," she added, frowning.

Anyways, even though I know I have nothing to say sorry about, I frowned at her and said sorry once again. I mean, how would I know this first-name-basis thing was totally out-of-the-line.

"Well, to answer your question and since you're still a newbie to all of this then I will let this pass. Missis Dolores is the housekeeper of this household which only means she has frequent communication with the whole Bennett family." she answered, her brow raising in amusement.

"S-she's close to the whole Bennett family?" I asked, hoping not to sound too desperate to avoid misconceptions. I want to at least avoid any trouble on my first day here.

"I know right! I am jealous as well because come on, Mr. Douglas Bennett's son sure is one pretty lad." She added as she slowly shakes her head but with a huge smile painted on her face.

"I can't even help falling in love with her-" I guess she felt that I am not a bit interested in whatever she was talking about because she pouted in front of me and changed the boring topic.

"Anyway, thank goodness you're awake, Clementine. Wait 'till I tell Lady Judy about this. I mean, they've been worried sick, especially Mr. Finley." she told me as she slowly walked towards me to...hug me?

What?

Before I had time to react, I already felt her hands around me as she slowly patted my back. This sure was awkward to the highest level.

"Lady Judy, especially her cousin, told me to give that to you," and looked at me funny and teasingly. Okay, why is she smiling at me like that? That if-you-know-what-I-mean smile!

"Who's Judy and Finley? And why are they worried about me?" I noticed that ever since I woke up a while ago, all I do is ask so many questions but then I guess you would absolutely too if you're stuck in the Victorian era.