V. the heir

Chapter 5

"S-see you around, Miss Wright." and with that, he ran like he was no different than Flash. I even saw how he wiped his temple which was full of sweat as he ran. With that, I winced a bit because of that very, very awkward meeting.

I pray to God that we'll never meet again.

After that weird guy was out of my sight, I slowly turned my head to check for any suspicious people. Thank goodness I am alone.

Quickly, I made my way upstairs since obviously, all bedrooms can be found there. I need to find Mr. Douglas Bennett's room as fast as possible so that I can kill him and I pray he's with Miss Dolores so she can help me.

While walking down the corridor, I heard a loud sigh behind me.

Please don't let me meet any weird guys, please. I swear to the heavens above!

With my palm sweating, I turned to face whoever that is.

I was bewildered to see Martha, the woman who I first met when I woke here in this stupid era.

She suspiciously stared at me, her hands full with two teacups and an elegant teacup. I bet they're worth a million.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be resting?" she asked, her brow raising.

I turned my eyes sideways and shrugged, "I-i just can't...you know, digest seeing you guys working so hard while I do nothing,"

God, I am just so bad at lying. Grandpa kept telling me that.

Though Martha seemed not to realize that, she mustered a huge smile and said, "Don't you worry, child, we're fine. Now, shoo~" then waved her hand rhythmically.

"B-but," I just uttered this so I can look really, really convincing but I almost drowned to death when I heard what Martha said next.

"If you insist then here you go. Deliver this to Mr. Augustus Bennett's study room," then handed me the golden tray.

Uh-oh. I really do have a hard time balancing things. Plus, I don't know anything about this house.

Martha was about to turn right towards this maze-like mansion when I asked her where Mr. Augustus Bennett's study room is.

She rolled her eyes comically then looked at me like I was just messing around with her but I guessed she realized I am not for she kept her face straight and told me where the hell it is.

I bid goodbye to her and in return, she thanked me. Her smile was broad.

I am starting to regret this already for I don't want to trip myself carrying these expensive teacups and teapots.

Tell you what, I almost stumbled to death while holding this golden tray.

And now, I am currently facing the wooden door right now, with my racing heart, I knocked on the door. Twice or thrice? I don't know, I lose count. I am nervous!

Perhaps that's the reason why the door flew open and I am guessing because of my deafening knocks and in front of me is the guy who I stumbled upon a while ago. You know, the weird and awkward guy.

He stared at me for 10 seconds straight then lifted his hat, I replied to him with a quick nod.

I cannot help myself from raising both my brows from surprise, don't tell me he's Augustus Bennett, the son of the guy I need to kill.

Suddenly, I have this weird feeling that I should bow before him and beg for his forgiveness, "Sorry, Augustus or whatever you're name is for I need to murder your dear father as soon as possible. Whether you like it or not."