XI. Mr. Guevarra?

Chapter 11

Later that day, Judy insisted on curling my dark hair. She even let me borrow her captivating white lacy boots that I am head-over-heels with.

To be honest, I don't know if I can last a night walking in these heels but whatever.

Judy decided to wear a fancy yellow ball gown and a pair of black heels. Her blonde hair tied in a bun. A huge majestic fan in her hand.

As Judy smoothens her blonde hair, I cannot help myself from asking her why she let me join the party since I am just a plain housemaid.

Judy released a chuckle and answered, "My dear, the whole household already knows you're my friend so it's no different for them to see us go somewhere outside work,"

"And besides, I just really want you to meet Raymond," she added, which made me a bit nervous, for I am not sure I'll end up liking this guy.

Well, unless he's loaded and is about to die. Just kidding.

By the time Judy and I are finished dressing up, we are now ready to go to the party because as it turns out, the boys have been waiting for us for ages.

Standing in the corner with his arms crossed is Jacob, rhythmically tapping his foot. Playing dart is Augustus, his white gloves inside his pockets while Leo is playing chess all by himself with his usual black top hat on his side.

Both Jacob and Leo are wearing black tuxedos while Augustus is wearing a white one.

It was Augustus who first noticed our arrival, for he immediately dropped the dart on the table and slightly bowed his head to us. I swear I caught him smirking at me.

"Good evening, Mrs. Bennett," Augustus said to Judy which made Judy return a polite smile as she snaked her hands around her husband's arm.

"Good evening to you, beautiful," said Augustus as soon as his eyes landed on me. Giving me a wink.

Despite my huge urge to roll my eyes heavenwards and to blush hard for he seriously looks hella handsome in his white tuxedo, all I can reply is a slight smile and return a bow.

Leo then stood from his seat and bowed his head. After that, he brushed all the invisible dust off his tuxedo. Despite the fact that I am meters away from him, I can still see beads of sweat running down his temple.

His eyes scanned me from head to toe then back to my face. He then ran his eyes around my curly hair. Perhaps I don't really look good in curly hair or in a pink ball gown.

"What took you so long, hun?" asked Jacob the moment we stepped out of the room.

"Didn't I tell you not to say things like that to women?" Judy answered as she kissed back her husband on the cheek.

Jacob then replied with a shrug. "Let's just go, we're a few minutes late already to the party," Judy exclaimed as she began fanning her face with her fan.

Judy and Jacob already made their way towards the carriage. Since the five of us cannot fit inside a single carriage, Augustus suggested we take two.

And since according to Judy, it is utterly inappropriate for a woman to ride a carriage with a male company who is not married or not her relative, I get to ride the carriage with Judy and her husband.

Leaving Augustus and his soldier friend in the other carriage.

It was Augustus who helped me get into the carriage. "Save me a dance later, my mermaid," he whispered to me before closing the door.

Our trip to the party was pretty much awkward for my side because all Judy and Jacob do is murmur cheesy and steamy things to each other which made me blush hard and look outside.