Chapter 2: The Past Story

ADI POV

Wait, what?! I can't go out on the streets! What will I do! C'mon Mrs.Michelle!

MICHELLE POV

I'm sorry but I just can't take you with me! I already have 3 with me and 2 of my OWN kids at home. I just can't fight with the government anymore to keep this orphanage open any longer just for 4 kids.

I really really really felt bad for her. She has already faced a lot in her high school years. But I know she can figure something out, she's a very smart, intelligent, beautiful, young lady. She won't just stay on the streets.

I looked at her one last time and and gave her a check of $1000. "Just to help you with college funds and an apartment." Giving her a kiss on her forehead, I left.

"Don't leave me" she says. I leave with a tearful face.

ADI POV

There I was, outside on the bench, with the check, and a tearful face. She left me for a good reason, i knew it. I stood up, wiped my tears off, and started walking. I soon spotted a music store titled "Rock & Roll"

I walked into the store finding a teenage boy, practically a jock looking boy with a little punk in him. "Welcome to Rock & Roll where you can find your music, blah, blah, blah" he said.

"Umm, hi. I'm Aditi Singh, Adi for short and was wondering if you have any juh, juh, job openings?" I said with a shaky voice since I just got done crying a river.

"Ya whatever, if you know how to sing and know about songs, your hired from tomorrow" he said. "The name's Roy and you will be working on weekdays from 11:00am -4:00pm" Roy said.

"Oh! Thank you so much, tomorrow, bye." I said as I walked out.

~Fall of that Year~

It was already fall and I didn't have enough money for college. Yes, I did have the check from Mrs.Michelle but it was used for the apartment and utensils, also a mini fridge and microwave. I probably have only about 200 left. I had still been working for the music store and 2 other jobs but still didn't have enough. I just couldn't go, great......