Chapter 16: Time

Not necessarily needing sleep gave you a lot of time to think. As I laid next to Sebastian on our bed my thoughts drifted to time. Time seemed to fly. I didn't understand it. But, one minute it was an ordinary Tuesday. Next thing I knew a week flew by. Then another...and another....and another. Before I knew it two months were up. From what I could tell being a demon means that time means nothing. Yet, I had to pay attention to it. I was pregnant and had to keep up with my months. I needed to be careful. I didn't want to have my child and not even know it.

    Sebastian has been helping me with..."demon training." I remember when I first called it that Sebastian laughed.

    "New demons are weak," he had said, "I can help you with any questions. First of all, your senses react on their own. But, we can't have you attacking innocent people coming to tap on your shoulder. Thus, control is important. We'll have to work on that. Also, you'll have to build up strength. New demons can get just as sore as weak humans if they push themselves. Thirdly, you can not die. There is only one way to kill a demon. That is with the notorious demon sword. Its' where abouts are unknown. Even if you were to "be destroyed" your "spirit" would remain intact. Fourth, you can take on different forms. However it's a little complicated, so we can work on that much later."

    His lecture had continued for an hour or so before we actually started anything. That training was pretty much my past two months. With time flying my due date was getting closer...meaning our child was coming and soon.

    I looked over to where Sebastian was laying on our bed. His crimson eyes were locked on me. His face showed he was in deep thought.

    "Sebastian?" I called out questioningly.

    "Hm?" Came his mumbled response.

    "Well, it's just...I don't know. Never mind." I looked away not wanting him to see the question still lingering in my eyes.

    "No, really. Is something bothering you _________?" He turned my face so I would look at him.

    "Well,....it's just....are you ready to be a parent? I know we have everything thought out, planned, and we've bought several things over time..., but are you truly prepared? I don't even know what to expect when she or he arrives." I knew that I wasn't a hundred percent prepared, but at the same time I was. I wanted to know how Sebastian felt about all of this though.

    He replied after a quick kiss and a smile, "Of course. And I will help with everything and anything you need. Even if you don't want my help."

    We didn't really talk about much else that night. We mostly just laid there facing each other. Staring into each others eyes. It was cute to say the least.

Hours past and soon it was time to begin our days. I began tutoring and Sebastian went off to watch over the other servants.

"Now Lord Ciel, try this one again. I've gone over it plenty enou-" A sudden sharp pain in my stomach made me stop the lecture.

"________ are you alright?" I heard Ciels' voice call out.

"Uhn...yea. I-I'm fine. Let us continu-....Gahh! Excuse me Lord Ciel." And without a response I walked out of the room to find Sebastian. I knew I was almost nine months, but these pangs of pain...were they supposed to occur like this?

I realized it was almost noon. Which meant Sebastian would be in the kitchen preparing Ciel's afternoon tea.

"Sebasti-an." I called out as I entered the kitchen. The pain from inside was speeding up a bit. It didn't really hurt me because I was a demon, but from what I could tell, what my child was being carried in still contained human nerves.

"________are you alright? You seem...pained?" His face held confusion until he looked to see where my hand was placed.

"I think...y-you should probably get a hold of the midwife now." I said nervously. I was concerned, but also scared. Was it already time?

"Here go lay down, I'll go fetch her myself. It'll be faster." And with a gust of wind he was off with the carriage. As for me, I went off to our room to await and see what would come next.

I laid down gently on the bed and gingerly rubbed my stomach. The pains were coming from there, which left me to only conclude that my child was the one causing them. I couldn't wait for the midwife to arrive. I wanted someone to tell me what was going on. I had never carried a child before, so how could I be expected to know?

"Oh please hurry Sebastian...." I whispered to nothing but the air surrounding me.

"________?" I heard three voices at my door. I looked over to see Bard, Finny, and Mey-Rin standing there with concern on their faces.

"Yes?" I answered secretly wishing they would leave me to be alone with the silence again.

Mey-Rin stepped forward, "Sebastian tolds us to come look after you while he goes away. Said something about you bein' in trouble. Are you alright?"

"It's just the baby. I'm perfectly fi-....aghh....I'm fine." The pains were picking up yet again.

"Do you need some water?" Bard asked while standing there scratching his head. It was obvious that he wasn't sure what to do with a pregnant woman.

"Uhmm...yes please." I didn't need it at all, but he clearly wanted away from the room.

Before Finny could talk the main door was heard being rushed opened. Sebastian and the midwife were here.

{***********************************************************************}