Chapter 12: Transformation?

I woke up in the closet still scrunched up in a ball. My face felt puffy from crying all night and my whole body hurt from the small space. I slowly rose to my feet and walked out of the closet. I didn't want to see Sebastian. At. All.

    Instead of going to our room to get some things I slipped on some shoes and just left the mansion. I hopped on a horse and left. I headed for my old school friends house. I couldn't go to my mothers. She wasn't accepting of me at all. I needed to be around somebody who actually cared for me. So I headed off to my old friend, Francesca's house. Francesca, who likes to be called Frankie, had been my closest friend for the longest time. I hadn't seen her in so long that I thought she might hate me. When I arrived at Frankie's however she welcomed me with a giant hug. She looked exactly the same as before. Long black hair, bright chocolate-honey colored eyes, and slightly tanned skin.

    "I've missed you so much ______! Where have you been? It's been too long! And what's with the baby bump?!?!" She asked as I removed myself from her massive hug.

    "Well, heh...I've gotten a job as a maid slash tutor and I've met the most amazing guy." Quietly after I said that I added in my head, 'Who's turning into a giant demon...literally.'

    "Wow, that's great ______. I'm so happy for you! So what brings you here then?" Frankie quizzed.

    "Well...I just needed to get some things off my chest and you've always been the only one to understand me. And that guy of mine sure isn't much help as of late..." I said kind of sadly.

    "Talk away then. I can't reject a good story from someone I haven't seen in ages." She smiled. She always had a great smile and personality to her. She listened to anyone's problems and never judged. She gave them advice when necessary....especially with me.

    After I told her everything.....well not quite everything. I obviously left out my near death experiences and Sebastian being a demon. She looked at me with a sort of pity in her eyes.

    "Wow...sounds like a lots going on for you. Are you sure you should be working there...or anywhere? You're pregnant, and stress isn't good for a pregnant woman ya know." She was trying to comfort me, but if anything I found it strangely annoying.

    "No, the work isn't that hard. It's not like slave labor or anything. I guess it's getting pretty late huh?" I looked out the window and saw the sun was beginning to go down. The sky was mixed with the early shades of pinks and oranges. I couldn't believe how long I had been there talking. I guess I didn't realize how late I had woken up.

    Frankie sent me back home with a small bundle of bread and pastries she had made. She had always been a wonderful cook and a great friend. But, I didn't feel better when I talked to her today. I just felt sort of empty and stupid. I had to talk to Sebastian...no matter how much I didn't want to.

    When I walked inside the manor I was greeted with a giant hug from the servants.

    "Where were you! We was so worried!" They cried out in unison...except for Tanaka...he just let out a quiet, "Ho ho ho."

    I broke away from the hug and asked where Sebastian was. It turns out that he and Ciel had to leave for a mission from the queen. I decided to retire to my room. My old room. Not the one I shared with Sebastian. I didn't want to be in his room.

    "He said he would never leave me.....and that he loved me...., but........where is he? Gone...he's not even close to me right now. Aghh!!! Damn that demon!" I crawled under the covers of my once abandoned bed. It wasn't as soft..or as warm as Sebastian's bed...but it was a bed and I was exhausted. As I laid there trying to sleep I realized it was Sunday. "Crap!!!" I yelled. I quickly threw myself out the bed and to the kitchen to find the vial of medicine.

    "I can't believe you almost forgot," called out a familiar voice behind me, "You're clueless without me." I turned to face Sebastian.

    "I thought you were on an errand with Ciel." I said coldly making sure to avoid his eyes. I'd lose my edge if I looked in them. They just made me melt no matter how mad I was at him.

    "It was a small, manageable, and relatively short errand. Listen ________, I'm so sorry for everything. It's just....I know how it would affect you! I just don't want you to be eternally damned like me! There's so much more left for you....A demons life doesn't exactly suit you." I looked up and saw the sincerity in his eyes as he spoke. Damn those eyes....they had me caught.

    "Look, I don't want to hear it. I'll just have the child and die okay? That seems like it'll make you happier anyways." I tried to pull away from his grip and walk away, but he held me firmly.

    "It won't make me happier...at all. I don't want to live without you ________,...I don't want to do this to you..., but if y-you want me to change you..then fine. But, it's not a painless process and I can't be easy or it could screw everything up. Are you still okay with it?" He pulled my face close to his, so we could both peer into each others eyes.

    "I....I....yes. Change me and don't hold back. I love you Sebastian." I pushed my face closer and left a small kiss on his lips.

    "I love you too ______. I guess I'll go set everything up then...meet me upstairs in fifteen minutes. Take your medicine." He glanced back at me one more time before disappearing out of the kitchen.

    "I hope I know what I'm doing." I whispered as I poured some of the soul medicine into a spoon. I swallowed down the medicine like it was nothing. It was a peculiar thing. I pondered it for a moment. I had gotten so used to it that it didn't taste bad anymore. I actually enjoyed the strange tasting liquid now.

    "I suppose I should head up then...?" I headed out the kitchen towards where Sebastian had wondered off. The transformation was about to begin....

{***********************************************************************}