Chapter 6: Now What

I woke up to a familiar gaze. Sebastian was still holding me and he was looking down with his big crimson eyes that held concern, love, and sorrow all at once. I looked up into his eyes that I fallen in love with and he kissed me gently on the lips.

    "I love you ________." He whispered.

    "I-I love you too Sebastian..." I whispered back. I loved a demon. A demon whose child I was now carrying. I was proud to say it aloud.

    "I love a demon." I laughed a little as I said this.

    "Heh,...and I love a human." He pulled me tighter and kissed me on the lips again.

    "I guess we have to get ready then?" I said as I pulled myself up.

    "It would appear that way." He pulled me out of the bed and with a final kiss departed. I got ready for the day and walked into the kitchen. Mey-Rin was in there helping Bardroy with dishes from the previous night.

    "Oh why, _______ I-uh erm how are you uhrm feeling today?" Mey-Rin stuttered.

    "Good morning Mey-Rin. I'm fine. You don't have to act differently around me." I said a little coldly.

    "Why! I-it's just....I uhrm and you see I uhm it's just no! I'm sorry I don't mean too!" She yelled as she ran out of the room.

    "I think I ought to get 'er. Ya know...so she uh doesn't think you're tryin' to kill 'er and all." And just like Mey-Rin, Bard ran out of the room.

    I ignored them as I prepared a small egg for myself for breakfast. Sebastian walked in carrying a brand of tea for Ciel's breakfast. I felt woozy as I ate my breakfast and soon felt sick afterwards. I past out at the table and awoke to a fast-paced shake from Finnian.

    "________! Hello! Wake up! Come join us in the kitchen! We're gonna make a picnic and go for a lunch with Ciel!! ________!!!" He yelled in my ear.

    "AH! Uhh...Finny I'm up! I'm up!" I yelled as the shakings got more violent.

    "Oh! Uh sorry Lady ________, it's just my light shakings weren't waking you." He said a little terrified.

    "Ugh, Finny it's fine! Now what do you want?" I hissed.

    "Oh well, there's a picnic. And Ciel and Sebastian and Mey-Rin and uh Bard and me is all going and we want you there too. But, you were sleepin' and now you're up so...do you want to come along?!" He said still shaking from my previous yell.

    "I'm sorry Finny I shouldn't have yelled. I'll be along shortly." I said trying to sound more calm. I hadn't remembered passing out and was a little concerned. I got up and threw away the uneaten breakfast and went to get ready for a picnic.

    'Hopefully I'll be able to talk to Sebastian after this." I whispered as I walked to my room. I got ready and retreated down to the kitchen. Finnian, Bardroy, and Mey-Rin were almost finished packing the picnic basket, leaving me with nothing to do but wait. There were two large baskets and I carried the one meant for us, the servants. We met Ciel and Sebastian by the door and left for the riverside. Bardroy and Sebastian sat in the front with the horses while the rest of us rode inside the carriage. Tanaka was staying home to watch over the manor. Plus I heard something about a 'Pluto' coming home. I had never met or heard of a Pluto so I was rather fascinated with what would be waiting when we got back. We arrived at the riverside where we met my friend and Ciel's fiancee Lady Elizabeth and her servant Paula. We the servants went off and set up our own picnic while the Lord and Lady, including Sebastian and Paula, went off to set up their own. The other servants quickly dove for the food, but I didn't have an appetite so I just sat there.

    Moments later I heard Sebastian's voice. "_________," he called out, "Come here."

    I excused myself from the servants picnic and walked over to Sebastian who was still with Ciel, Lizzie, and Paula.

    "Yes Sebastian?" I asked as I approached him. He pulled me into his arms and wrapped his arms around my stomach so we were both facing the same way.

    "I believe our dear friend Lizzie deserves to know." He whispered in my ear. I looked up at his crimson eyes and laughed.

    "Lady Elizabeth," I began, "I have some rather interesting news."

    "What is it _________? I love news unless it's bad news of course." She squeaked.

    I looked up at Sebastian who nodded his head in approval. "Well my Lady, Sebastian and I saw the midwife the other day.....and we're having a baby."

    "Oh my really?!?! Oh goody!!! A baby how wonderful! I'm so excited! Do you have names picked out yet?!" She jumped up and grabbed me away from Sebby.

    "Well it's much too early for names yet! Please stop shaking me! I feel sick!" I cried out.

    After two hours of Lizzie blabbering on about the importance of the perfect and cute name we all departed and went home. I was thoroughly tired, but I refused to fall asleep in the carriage. Especially after what happened last time. When we arrived back to the manor I pulled Sebastian away from Ciel. I didn't have a chance to talk to him earlier and I needed to.

    "Yes _________?" He whispered as he pulled me closer.

    "I need to ask you some things about this demon child."

    "Ask away." He said as he nuzzled my neck.

    "Sebastian, what am I supposed to eat to stay strong enough? I past out at breakfast this morning. Finnian had issues getting me to come to even with his strength. It's not like I can eat souls like you can. One of these times I may not be able to wake. Then what?" I felt tears well up in my eyes. Sebastian pulled up and looked down at my eyes.

    "I know where we have to go for the answer. Let's hope we can rack up a good joke. Go to bed ________. I'll wake you in the morning." He said with a kiss goodnight. Confused as I was I went to my room and drifted into a deep calming sleep. I awoke to the soft knocking at my door. I looked around the still dark room and saw the sun still wasn't up.

    "Come in." I said in a scratchy, dry voice. I looked to the door and saw Sebastian's outline appear in my room.

    "Get dressed quickly. I can't be gone when the Young Lord awakes and neither can you." And with that he left. I got dressed quickly and met Sebastian at the door.

    "Carriage will take too long. Get in my arms." He said softly. He picked me up bridal style and bounced off the ground at great height and speed. We landed on rooftops gently even with the the force that was upon us. We landed on the ground in front of the morgue.

    "A-ah! A morgue!" I cried out. I was too tired to realize whose morgue it was.

    "Yes ________. Now hush. When you hear the laughter come in." Just like that he entered the building leaving me in the dimly lit street. Two minutes later I heard the laughing of a madman. I slowly opened the door and peaked in. The Undertaker.

    "I should've known." I whispered aloud as I pushed the door the rest of the way open. Undertaker was rolling on the floor with tears going down his face. He was laughing harder than anyone else had ever made him.

    "___________, I believe Undertaker has some answers for us." Sebastian said with his trademark smirk. The Undertaker got up and wiped away his tears.

    "So __________, what do you want to know? We Shinigami tend to know a lot about everything." He said with his creepy chuckle and a huge grin.

{***********************************************************************}