Chapter 17: Arrival

My mind spun as I waited for Sebastian and the midwife to appear in the doorway. When they finally did, I was too distracted by the pain to notice Undertaker was here too. Mey-Rin had wet down a rag and had placed it on my forehead while Finny let me squeeze his hand. Sebastian shooed Finny away from his place so he could be there himself.

"Hi...uhhn...Sebasti-an." I mumbled trying to fight away the scream that was building up.

    "_________, we're going to give you a small remedy to ease your pain." Undertaker said rather seriously.

    I blinked confused as to when he arrived, but I just nodded. He handed me a strange vial. Knowing him however, nothing he handed me was strange anymore. I quickly drank down the thick, sticky, liquid and began to get drowsy almost instantly.

    "Whaaaaaaaaat did you gi-give meee?" I said in a complete daze. The room began shifting and my mind began making everything sway.

    "Hehehehehe, I guess it works better than I expected Sebastian." Undertaker chimed.

    "Yes, but what could you have concocted that could be strong enough to knock out a demon?" Sebastian questioned not taking his concern-filled eyes off of my dizzy, spinning ones.

    "Ehehehehehe! I just mixed a little......." I heard Undertaker begin before I completely blacked out.

    My mind. It was the only thing I was aware of. I could still think freely, but I couldn't do anything. I couldn't open my eyes. I couldn't lift my arm. I couldn't speak a single word. It was like I was in a coma. Completely paralyzed. I was numb to everything, but my mind. Did I have my baby yet? How long have I been out of it? Why can't I move? What the hell did Sebastian let Undertaker give me in the first place? How can demons even end up in this kind of state?

    "Curse Undertaker!!!" I mentally screamed. This completely sucked. I was beyond irritated with this funny medicine. I wanted to be awake. To know how everything is going. I wanted to witness what was going on around me. I wanted make sure everything was going well.

    "Will I ever regain my physical consciousness?"

    After what felt like an eternity my ears began ringing. My hearing was coming back. I could hear the whispers of those around me. My eyes started opening. The light was blinding me.

    "Agh...uhnn...what?" My voice was coming back. As was my ability to feel.

    "________." I heard Sebastian whisper in my ear.

    I blinked hard several times until I was completely focused again. The room was relatively empty. The midwife left and all that remained was Sebastian and the Undertaker.

    "Well, Sebastian?" I said rubbing my eyes.

    He pulled me up into him and hugged me tightly. I hugged back not sure if the hug meant a congratulations or something else.

    "Undertaker, come here." Sebastian said laying me back down on the bed.

    Undertaker approached us with a blanket-wrapped bundle in his arms. "Here you go little one." He said as he passed the bundle to Sebastian, who in turn handed the bundle to me.

    I sat up slightly as I received the child. I felt my eyes water slightly as I peered down at the small child. Tufts of dark brown hair stuck out from atop the pale child's head. I gently stroked the child's cheek and nuzzled it in close.

    "Sebastian, is it a boy or a girl?" I asked softly not wanting to wake the child.

    He kissed my head before replying. "It's a boy. What do you want to name our son?"

    Not taking my eyes off the child I whispered, "Brendon."

    "Brendon it is then." Sebastian said as he sat on the edge of the bed close to our child and myself.

    "Brendon Michaelis." I laid my head on Sebastian's shoulder still not taking my eyes off the little one. "Is he a demon Sebastian?"

    "He is. But, he doesn't have crimson eyes like me. He has dark brown ones....just like his mom does now."

    I laughed slightly before kissing Brendon's forehead and then kissing the one I loved. The one who started it all. The one who held my heart, whether I had one now or not.

    "Welcome to our crazy world, Brendon." We both whispered in unison.

{***********************************************************************}