Chapter 7: The Undertaker's Medicine

"So I take this every Sunday?" I said as I turned the strange blue liquid upside down in the skull-shaped vial.

    "Precisely. I never thought I'd actually get rid of that stuff. But, with Sebastian lurking around I should've figured it'd happen soon enough. Heh heh heh." He looked over at Sebastian who merely rolled his eyes at the comment.

    "So, Undertaker, how exactly did you come in contact with 'Extract of Soul' only special demons tend to have it?" Sebastian asked looking over at me still playing with the vial.

    "You're not the only demon I've ever met or known Sebastian." Undertaker answered as he began hammering on an unfinished coffin.

"And what other demons have you met Shinigami?" Sebastian said over the hammering.

    "Well wouldn't you like to know. I like jokes you know that." Undertaker paused his hammering.

    Sebastian looked over at me and back at Undertaker.

    "Not this time Undertaker. Perhaps another." Sebastian answered.

    They began talking about other things, but I started to zone out.

    I looked down at the skull-shaped vial while they continued their talk. Undertaker had said it was 95% human souls and the other 5% was other strange things I couldn't remember or repeat for the life of me.

    "Human souls for medicine," I thought, "Can I really bring myself to drink this?" I came out of my thoughts when I heard Sebastian's voice direct itself to me.

    "Time has come to leave _________." He said firmly.

    Undertaker must've annoyed him during their chat. I thanked the Undertaker and then we were off. We were soaring over roofs. More discretely this time though because people were now out on the street.

We returned to the manor just in time. Sebastian made Ciel's breakfast and tea while I got a spoon for my 'soul food.' I took the cork off the skeleton-shaped vial and it let out a "hissssss." I almost thought I heard screams escape it. I shuddered at the weird medicine that was meant to nurture my child and strengthen my soul. My child. Who was trying to nurture itself from my soul. I poured some of the liquid in the spoon and just watched it. I'm not sure for what, but I just watched it.

    "__________, whether you want to or not you have to take it." Sebastian called to me from across the kitchen. I looked at him and rolled my eyes. I pressed the spoon to my lips and swallowed. It felt like mist was sliding down my throat. I shuddered at the bitter taste of the souls. The medicine tasted like dull, black coffee with some unknown substances added. I shut my eyes tight at the taste. I heard Sebastian have a quiet chuckle to himself. The after taste was even worse. It was so.....so indescribable. I couldn't explain the taste even if my life depended on it! I ran over to the sink and started spitting. Sebastian's chuckle turned into a full on laughing fit. I ran from the sink to slap him, but he caught my hand mid-air still laughing.

    "You're not funny Sebastian." I snapped.

    "No, but the reaction you just had was. But, don't worry it'll get smoother and sweeter." He laughed some more as he hugged me.

"Smoother and sweeter," I said in a mocking tone, "Bite me."

"Really now? Heh." He pulled me into a hug and started to bite my neck.

"Uhn..., no. No-o Seb-Sebastian. St-stop."

He looked down with sad, wanting eyes, but kissed the top of my head. He twirled me around and went off with Ciel's breakfast. I tumbled backwards into a chair and let out a "humph!"

Sometimes he just really got me going and being pregnant I wasn't sure if it was want or annoyance. Carrying a demon child was obviously different from carrying a regular one. It didn't take a genius to figure that much out.

    Carrying a demon required a lot of strength, sleep, and soul food. But aside from that, it also messed with your hormones a lot more. I knew pregnant women went through mood swings and crazy sexual hormones. But, this was far from what they felt and I knew it. A couple of people I knew back in the village I used to live in before this were pregnant and I helped each one of them through it all.

My hormones were constantly between wanting Sebastian and wanting to stab him. Not to mention I could never eat. Everything just made me get sick and pass out. I was losing what I needed to stay alive. I wasn't even sure how long I needed to carry a demon child. I began to feel faint and dizzy. Too much stress. I had to calm down.

"Why can't there be anyone who could help me through this!? I need help!" I slid down to the floor and held my knees up to my chest. I felt the tears well up and I wanted to lose it. I suddenly went into the mood where I wanted to punch Sebastian. "Arrghh! It's all his fault!" I let out a sob. I got up and calmed down.

"Dammit! Stop this!" I said looking down at my stomach.

I let out a sigh and smoothed my dress down.

"Time for work..." I said walking out of the kitchen.