Chapter 25

January 31st
9:59 am

"I apologize for not telling you earlier." I tell Camila sincerely. "No. It's ok, I understand if you couldn't." She stood in front of me. Still sitting in the same spot were I had been since visiting hours ended and begun, I waited for Dinah to regain consciousness.

"Is she sleeping or unconscious? Not like there's a difference between the two when it comes to her." Camila poorly attempts to make a joke, quickly realizing I didn't find it funny. Well at least could bring myself to. "Unconscious, I believe."

Camila gives me an apologetic look, "Have you eaten or slept?" "How could I?" I sigh heavily and cover my face, "When I had to leave I couldn't stop thinking about whether or not she'll wake up and be alone or... I'd lose her..." My voice cracks interrupting me.

I feel Camila embrace me in a comforting hug. I don't like to be seen like this, but like most times, I don't care about myself. My complete and utter focus is on my girlfriend who is being kept alive by machinery.

I try to hold myself together and speak again, "she may regain consciousness in a 2 or 4 days... something like that." There's nothing more than I want to say but I love you... and I'm sorry. For some unknown reason I feel as if this is my fault. Like I could've stopped this from happening to her and I sure as hell believe it.

"Lauren you know this isn't your fault, right?" Camila takes me by complete surprise. I stay silent not knowing what to say. "That's a yes or no question, it really isn't that hard." She states blatantly. "F*ck off, Camila."

"Ok, but I don't want you hurting yourself because Dinah can't do anything about it." What? "Why do you assume I'm going to hurt myself." As much as I wanted to deny it... I've already gone back. "Because Dinah told me..." I felt myself getting slightly annoyed, but Camila spoke again before I could say anything, "She had a good reason to, she said if anything bad ever happened to her, she would count on me to keep you from doing anything you would regret."

I turned my head to watch the youngest. Trying to find the strength within myself to do the best I could quickly diminishing. I hate myself. I don't think I can change that. I feel guilty for not only the situation she's in, but for me not being strong enough. I nod shortly after realizing Camila was still there.

"I want you to know I'm here for you though. I have to go now." Camila leaves the room leaving Dinah, me, and my horrible thoughts.

To be continued...