Chapter 14

After the movie
5:05 pm

Ally, Lauren, Camila, and I are picking our froyo flavors. Camila and I are the two people who get every single flavor mixed together just cause we're curious to see how it tastes.

"Y'all disgusting." Ally says scrunching up her face. "Thank you. Thank you very much." I respond with a goofy smile. "Hey, you never know it might taste good, bro." Camila inquires. Lauren just stands to the side laughing at our conversation.

"Watch her get every topping too." I laugh. Camila puts on a 'you're d*mm right I am' face and proceeds to the counter.

"Let's act like we don't know them." Lauren whispers to Ally as they step back slowly. "Heyy. I'm not bad with the toppings." I pout and cross my arms. Meanies.

I don't know why they think my cup looks bad. It's just chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, mango, raspberry, key lime with sprinkles and caramel on top. That's not bad is it?

Whatever, they can be basic if they want, I got Camila. We all sit in a booth next to a window with a nice view of nothing but parking lot. Camila is seated in front of me and Lauren is seated beside me making Ally seated next to Camila and in front of Lauren.

"So how has your day been so far?" Camila asks with a huge grin. "Ya. How was your movie with Dinah?" Ally smirks.

"HaUgh, good... great." Lauren chokes when she feels my freezing fingers slide onto her bare side. "Dinah that's cooold." She whines pushing me away. I can't help but laugh at her reaction. 

"Mhwhat's cold?" Camila smirks raising her eyebrow. I look at Ally and immediately start laughing harder. "Nothing." I say after calming down a little.

"Ally, why are we getting froyo in the dead of winter?" Lauren squints. "Cause a lil froyo is always nice on ice." Ally tries to give a reason. I'm over here snickering in the corner of the booth not understand what my friends are doing with their lives.

Both Camila and Lauren hold confused looks on their faces. "Dinah, are you high?" Camila doesn't understand why I'm still quietly laughing.

My smile drops then it only takes one second for it to creep back. "Noo... Why would you think such a thing?"

"Cause you steady laughing for no reason." A voice in the booth behind me is heard.

"What?" I laugh in shooketh and look over the booth. The person in the booth gives me with a warm smile. They seem nice. "Nothing. Go on with your conversation."

I turn around with a confused, playful smile. "So again, how was y'all day?" Lauren asks with a genuine smile. "Awesome, better then my birthday." I respond. "Aw. We can share. Our onesies came in so we can have a dance party in them. Just the two of us?"

I love her so much. I nod my head and wrap my arms around her. "That sounds perfect." I say kissing her jaw. I hear Camila squeal.

"Is it official or nah?" Camila asks bouncing in her seat. "Is what official?" Lauren tilts her head. I shake my head. "Us."

I look to Lauren to see she's blushing. That's cute. "Ok. What about your day Ally?" Lauren quickly changes the subject. "It was good." Ally says strangely quiet.

Lauren gives her a worried look and nods. "You?" She gestures to Camila. "Pretty good." She responds giddily.

My extra self looks over the booth and asks,"What about you?"
"I'm good. Thanks for asking."

"What's your name?" Lauren joins in."Damysha. Yours?" Damysha responds with a smile. Her smile is really pretty, wow. "Dinah. This is Lauren." I respond patting the head of the beauty next to me.

"Nice to meet you guys." Damysha grins. "Nice to meet you too." Lauren says returning to her basic mango froyo. "Ya, nice meeting you too." I smile and turn back around.

"Pleasant citizen." I chuckle. "Wonderful choice of words, Dinah... Just- just wonderful." Ally stutters at my randomness.

I take the few last scoops of my froyo and frown. It's dun. "Well I'm done." I sigh. I look over to Lauren's cup and she's almost done, same with Ally, but Camila looks like she's gonna cry trying to finish it.

I start up a laughing fit again, "You regret getting all those toppings don't ya." Camila nods sadly. Ha. To bad.

Everyone sits in a silence. A kind of silence that instantly changes the mood of everyone in it. Personally, I felt a tension, I did not know were it came from, but it was thicker then my thighs.

"Why?" Lauren says out of nowhere, glaring at her older sister. Little did I know that they had been texting each other during the time no one had been speaking.

"Lauren, you know I tried." Ally says looking down. "No, no, Ally, you did not. If you don't do anything soon, I will." Lauren snaps back.

Ally shakes her head at the younger woman and gets out of the booth, "Bye guys, I have to go." She walks to hug Lauren and whispers an "I'm sorry."

Camila and I say our goodbyes before she leaves, Lauren not speaking a word till she's gone. "Are you ok?" I ask Lauren who has an upset expression on her face.

"I don't like that question." She mutters. I nod knowing she doesn't want to talk. "I think we shall call it a day?" I suggest not wanting it to get more awkward.

Camila agrees and we all leave the little froyo shop after Camila gives Lauren her gift.

5:24 pm

Lauren and I are putting on our Lion King onesies. She got Nala and I got Mufasa. Lauren's been pretty excited for them so I guess that put her in a better mood.

Once they are on, we cuddle up on her bed with a sleeping Austin at the edge of the bed. Lauren protectively moves him to the center, not wanting him getting hurt again.

"So you wanna open Mila's present?" I say handing her the small gift bag. Lauren smiles and slowly nods at the idea of what the quirky woman got her.

She takes out a small card. "You're cool. Stay that way... Cool face emoji." Lauren reads with a small smile, "She got me a $20 iTunes card. That's nice."

I slowly get up to go get my gift for her that only sits in an envelope in my bag. "Ok, this is my present to you. I'm confident you'll love it." I say crawling back into the bed with a huge smile.

I hand the envelope to her, my smile never faded. Lauren adopts when of her own and opens the envelope. Taking out the two pieces of paper, her eyes grow wide.

"Whaaa?" She breathes out. "No way. This isn't real." She continues, "Are you serious?" She looks at me with disbelief. "Yes, Lauser. Will you go on a date with me?" I laugh.

"What the flying f*ck? Of course. You bought me freakin' 1975 tickets, you own me now, senpi. I love you. so. so. so. much." She tackles me in a fit of kisses.

An uncontrollable pour of laughter fills the room as I flip us over tickling her. "Noooo." She laughs trying to fight me off, "Stoooop."

I let up and move to lay next to her. "I love you too."