Chapter 2

May 10th
12:34

"So today you guys are going to be surveyed instead of surveying." The man in his mid 30's sitting at the end of the long office table said. O great. We have opinions now. 4x6 yellow sheet papers were passed around.

Check the preferred

[ ] Air Heads

[ ] Air Head XTREMES

[ ] Air Head Bites

Air Head Xtremes of course, what kind of question is this? I check off my favorite of all the airheads.

I look up at the Promethean at the back of the office. The timer read 1:56. Kinda reminded me of school, I'm not cool with that😷.

"Done yet?" I hear picking my head up from my hands. "Ok. Good."

The man who is actually my supervisor walks up to the Promethean. "So is everyone aware our sales are dropping?" "We need to come up with something new and original, any suggestions?"

An idea immediately popped into my head, I raised my hand. "Yes." The man said pointing to me. "Air Head gummies, we don't have those yet." I suggested. "New, but unoriginal." He said the smile on his face fading. "You." He said pointing to the dude across from me. "Air Head cubes, but with paste on the inside, not like gushers but that curly hair candy." "YES." The supervisor said with one loud clap. O nice. My idea with liquid solid on the inside.

"Start working." He said as he left the room. The dude, Jalen, smirks at me and my frustrated self. "Ok, explain how you think this will work." I huff. "By making it work, duh. Isn't that what you do?" He implies. I roll my eyes, "I'm leaving. I'm finishing the work myself, since that's what you want."

°°°°°°°°

Leaving work I check my phone.
2 new messages
Wow. Something you don't see everyday.

Camila: hey, I left a key in the normal place people leave keys.. Yaknow under tha rug... hint hint.. lol ok byee

Me: tankss, c ya later

Oh no

Baby😍: if I wasn't clear yesterday, we're done.. Love ya, wish u da best😘

Me: I figured, love u 2😩

Well look who's back in the dating scene.

I SHOULD NOT BE TEXTING AND DRIVING RIGHT NOW. I put my phone down and mentally slap myself.

When I direct my attention back on the road I see a newly developed neighborhood. I turn into the neighborhood and drive past I few houses and see one with an open house sign, and stop in front of it.

Wouldn't hurt to take a look.

•••••••••

"Oh hi there, take a look around. Let me know if you need anything." A tall dark and handsome man with a high top fade, suit and all said as I entered the house. I just waved and nodded as I explored the 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house. It was pretty neat and fully furnished, which is what I need.

I made my way to the backyard, it had a nicely sized patio and grass. O wow grass, nice touch, totally.

I go back inside to the guy sitting at a desk and ask, "How much is it?". "£402,956, $525,776" He responded. Hmm, that's not to bad. "Ok. I really like it, the price isn't bad. I want to buy it."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"I have entered!" I hear while I'm lounging around on the couch watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix. "Oh hey, I'm so glad you have Netflix." I say while still looking at the TV. Camila plops down next to me. "How was your day?" She asks. "Pretty good after I left work." I responded. "Yours?" "Gucci." She says. "I found a house, its nice, I plan on buying it, but it'll take some time." I explain. "Oh cool. You're already dying to leave me." Camila jokes. "Ha. Totally."

°°°°°°°°°°

"I'm so hungry." I say watching Camila eat an extremely big banana. She continues to eat the banana, not paying any attention to me. "Ya know, that banana is really big." I say smirking. She just nods chowing almost all the banana down in one bite. I whack her back in hopes if she's not already choking she'll start. All the mush flew out her mouth while I was dying of laughter. "Whyyyy!?!?" She screamed while looking at her banana corps splattered on the floor.

By this time I was on the floor gasping for air from how much I was laughing, I didn't even realize when Camila walked away. Moments later I feel ice cold water all over my body. Now Camila was the one laughing. "Aha. Ha. Ha. Well played." I say getting up to go change. "But who's cleaning up." I continue. "You!" Camila points at me. "Me? Ha. I'm crying. No." I say walking away.