Chapter 11

June 22
12:00 am

"Happy birthday to me." I whisper to myself looking at the time. I pray today goes great. I'm 21... finally, now I don't have to drink dirty fruit punch anymore. I receive two messages almost instantly.

Mom: happy birthdayyy✨✨✨

Me: thank you! I miss you😭 isn't it 3 in the morning a day before my bday there?

Mom: yes I stayed up 😄

Me: aw thank you moooom♥️♥️
------

Camila🍌: merry start of life day❣👑

Me: oh my god thank you weirdo 😂

I laugh quietly at Camila's weirdness trying not to wake up the sleeping beauty next to me. I SWEAR we have NOT been sleeping with each other. Don't make assumptions, she's only here because it's my bday... ya nasties.

Out of nowhere, I'm stunned by her hand gripping my butt. "Is it your birthday yet?" She husks, eyes still shut. I nod my head too shook to respond verbally. "Happy birthday?" She smiles planting a quick kiss on my cheek.

"Thanks." I breathe out. "Did you just wake up?" I ask playing with her hair. She nods her head to tired to speak, probably falling back asleep. Sleepyhead.

10:01 pm

Camila, Ally, Lauren and I were all sitting in the comfort of my home, Ally pouring drinks for all of us. I honestly hope not having a single drop of alcohol, at least I don't think I have, is worth it.

"So is this really your first drink?" Lauren raises an eyebrow. "It is, she's a pure baby." Camila teases.

"Is that true, young one?" Ally questions. "Yes. It is true. I'm no bad girl." I say taking the shot glass into my hand.

"Ok. First, don't sip it, throw that thing to the depths of your esophagus." Lauren advised. Ally and Camila nod in agreement. "So I fling it down my throat?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"I'll just demonstrate..." She took a shot. "Your turn." She smiles. I hesitantly take mine and cringe at the burning sensation in my throat. "Did I do that right?" I ask with my face scrunched up.

"That was kinda slow, but I guess." Lauren laughed along with Camila and Ally. "Want another?" Lauren asks with an mischievous smirk. "I think she's good." Camila chimes in. I reluctantly reach for another, not feeling pressured, but I want to do this right.

I take this one faster then the last. Lauren applauds, "Look at youuu. Looking like a pro and alll."

My phone goes off to show a caller ID I should've deleted, but I never did. I contemplate on taking the call or not, I mean it is my birthday, I don't think she's going to say anything terrible to me on my birthday, "I'm gonna go take this."

I leave to my room and answer the call.

"Hello?" I answer with a shaky breath.

"Hey, Dinah. Happy Birthday." My ex responds.

"Thank you, Daya."