Chapter 8

June 8th
3:28

Lauren had invited Camila and I over to see Austin since he was released from the vet today. When Camila found out what happened 4 days ago she literally shed a tear or two and begged Ally to let her see him when he's better, which is why we're going today.

Lauren told me he's not necessarily better, but he was able to go home. The poor puppy broke more bones then I have ever broken in my life, hint hint, I've broken none.

So I was waiting for Mila to get out the bathroom so we can head over. "Ok, I'm ready." Camila bursts out moments later. "Alright, let's go."

Walking across the street, Camila trips and nearly scraps her face off, but me being a good friend catches her just as her hands hit the street. "I'm sorry, she's clumsy." I wave off to a passing car jolting her back up to the side walk. "Thank you." She breathes out. "No problem, you almost got your head ran over and that would've stopped me from having a good time with Lauser today. It was my duty."

Camila raises an eyebrow at the new found nickname. I ignore it and walk up to her door to give it a few light nocks.

A few seconds later Camila and I are greeted by Ally and let inside. "Hi, Camila. Hi, DJ." Lauren speaks softly. Camila simply waves. "Hey, Lauser." I smile pulling the older girl into a tight hug.

"How have you been?" I ask. "I'm doing much better now that you're here." She states honestly. I blush at her words, "Same here." I tell truthfully. Ally directs Camila to where Austin is upstairs, leaving Lauren and I.

"Don't you want to see Austin?" Lauren tilts her head to the side. "Nah, I think I'll just stick to seeing you." I joke, kinda. She lets out a small laugh as we sit down in response to my terrible 'joke'.

"I'm sure Camila's having a blast all on her own." I say snaking my arm around her waist. "Wow, your flirt game is strong today." Lauren states with an amused look on her face. "Yep, I convinced myself to have a caffeinated drink today." I smiled proudly. "A caffeinated drink?" Lauren laughs. "Ya."

She lets out another laugh, "Like coffee?" "It's rare for me, don't laugh." I pout. "You're so cute." She says cuddling closer to me. A tingling feeling in my stomach is followed by a warm swelling in my heart. Oh, let me not forget the hot sensation on my cheeks. 

I sit speechless, maybe that's good, maybe we're just enjoying each other's presence without saying a word. Lauren rests her head on my shoulder while I intertwine our fingers. I hope we're on the same page here because I don't want this moment to end.

"Your hands are really soft, like baby hands." Lauren speaks out. "Thank you, being a pianist I have to protect my hands."

"A penist." Lauren chuckles. "Noo, you know what I said." I laugh. I can't help but join the swarm of infectious giggles circling the air around us.

She does something to me. I can't explain what she does for me on a mental level, but let's just put that Camila says I've been much more tolerable lately.

Unfortunately, moments like these don't last forever and I was rudely interrupted with a tightening in my chest. I cringe and pull away from Lauren. "Are you ok?" She looks at me with concern.

I don't even know, Lo. I shake my head. Wow, my chest really hurts right now and I'm pretty sure I look constipated. "What's wrong? Are you in pain?"

"Yes... It's kinda getting hard to breathe. I don't know why..." I say taking deep breaths. "Well I guess you could say I made your heart swell." She says quickly regretting she made that joke.

I honestly didn't care that I was starting to see dots in my vision and I could hear ringing. I was just paying attention to the fact that I can feel a massive headache starting to brew.

"Camila! Come help your friend, she's dying!" Lauren shouts pulling me to lay down on her lap. "I'm sorry. I probably shouldn't have said you were dying." She apologizes.

By this time, I can't do anything but feel like my body is being unplugged piece by piece. All the energy I had 2 minutes ago has vanished, poof. I close my eyes and let the rumbling silence of pain take over.

I wanna die... what is this foolery my body is trying to pull on me. Just when I was having a nice, quiet, intimate time with my crush, my body gotta aCt uP aNd shUt doWN on ME.

6:09

Oh my lord. I can finally move my fingers, yes, and my tOES. YEET. Now imma try to open mah eyes. I relax myself and start to force my eyes open. OOF! My headache is back cause the light is fRickin bRight.

"Dinah?" I hear Lauren's  small voice next to me after I unknowingly flinch to the fact I'm in pain again.

I attempt to respond but it comes out as a slight wheeze. I slowly open my eyes again and take in my surroundings.

To my surprise, I'm in hospital room and I'm not to comfortable with that. After a fairly slow scan of the room I'm meet with #themostbeautifuleyes I've ever seen.

"Are you ok." Lauren asks taking oxygen concentrator mask of my face. Honestly I wasn't even aware that it was there. 

I nod just the tiniest of bit, not wanting anymore pain to cloud my head. "Do you remember what happened?" She questions. I repeat the action. "Would you like to know why it happened." She asks with the slightest smile.

"It was the frickin coffee." I squish my face together. "Yep..." She giggles. "You're alright though, but don't do that ever again. You almost had a stroke."

Wait, where's Canola? "Where's Camila?"

"She went to work, it's 6." 6? Just then the doctor nurse person walks in. He seems relieved that I'm finally conscious. "How are you feeling, Ms. Hansen." He asks with an warm smile. "Better, I still have a massive headache." I say bitterly towards my poor choices. "That's unfortunate, would you mind informing me how much coffee you consumed?"

"I don't know... I poured like half of the instant coffee mix into this mug I have, big enough to be a bowl, poured milk, then after tasted it I doused that b*tch with sweetener... then with sugar." I said with an 'I know I'm an idiot' look on my face.

"Now I'm genuinely concerned for your health, not saying I wasn't before, but now I'm coNcerNeD." Lauren admits. The man (who I later find out is a nurse) shakes his head in the name of shooketh. "Well all that caffeine sky rocketed your blood pressure and you started having those side effects and were this close to having a stroke." He creates a tiny gap between his two fingers. "It'll take you some time to recover, but you'll just have to watch your blood pressure and please... avoid doing things like that." He continued.

"Dinah stop." Lauren quickly says catching my adhd self picking at the I.V. in my arm. Oof sorry. "I won't." I nod at the nurse and give I small smile.

Lauren sighs as he leaves the room, "What am I gonna do with you?"