Chapter 21

Christmas Eve
9:44 a.m.

The day after Thanksgiving, I had shown Lauren around the best parts of the Bay Area and where I grew up. The day was filled with super lovey doveyness and me childishly ignoring calls from my family in attempt to forget about what happened the previous day.

I had gotten over it. I really had no choice, Christmas is practically here and I'm not going to be a cunt. Knowing I was spending the holidays here, I exchanged an excessive amount of money so I can surprise my family with gifts.

I wanted to make Lauren's first Christmas with me kinda nice, so I bought a mini Christmas tree and while she was taking a long bath- that I made her take- I wrapped the presents. She did the same afterwards and it was like a real small living room in the holidays.

Right now Lauren is cuddled up to my chest still sleeping. All I really want to do is hold her close, I have no reason to get up... Wait, other than breakfast ending at ten.

I look over Lauren to glance at the clock and it reads 9:46 am
I nudge Lauren softly causing her facial expression to change from peaceful to a bit aggravated.

"Lo, I know you want free breakfast..." I cupped her sleepy, cute, pouty face squinting at me, "but if we gotta go out and pay for breakfast, you're paying for your own." She slowly opens her eyes to stare at me pleadingly.

I laugh at her and roll out of the covers. I smirk to myself as I walk to the other side of the room and stop facing her. "Baby?" She says confused and barely awake.

I run across the room and throw myself across the bed to push her off... well at least over. "WaAaaaaaAAaaAaaaaaAaAAAAaaaaaa, Dinah, why?"

I clutch my stomach unable to contain my laughter. Lauren reluctantly gets out of bed to put on some decent clothes then I do the same.

We got out just in time to make it before breakfast closed. When we finished eating we subconsciously agreed to go back to our suite to cuddle and be lazy bums.

I will eventually have to get up again to leave though. Sniffle sniffle tear tear. I flop down on the bed after Lauren and shuffle my way in under the sheets.

Lauren lays motionless, almost emotionless, which confuses me. Something's obviously not ok, "Lolo?"

She looks me in the eyes, but doesn't say a word. "Are you ok?" I wrap my arms around her waist waiting for a response. She nods her head, but then is completely contradicted from her eyes filling with tears.

"I know you're not ok. What's wrong?" I lift her chin and she scoots away in a fit of sniffles. I quickly sit up and watch her every move. I don't like this, this isn't a good time for problems to start occurring.

"Laur, please tell me what's wrong." I beg. "I can't... i'm sorry." She says so quietly it seems that her voice has left.

She turns away so her feet are hanging off the bed temporarily until she gets up. "Where are yo-"

"Please don't..." She cuts off, leaving the room. What the f*ck. I want to go after her... I really do, but I'm scared. I mean she might actually need some space.

What am I talking about "might need space"... Space just isn't our thing. Come back... Please. I'm internally screaming for her safety. My throat constricts the words I want to say. Tons of bricks are holding me down, stopping me from going after her. Why?