Chapter 6

Same day
2:19

Phone starts ringing

I reach for my phone and fail miserably when my body hits the floor. "Ow f*ck."

My phone woke me up from my 20 minutes nap, it wasn't supposed to be this short, but Canola's calling me. I finally reach my phone while still on the floor.

"You made me die." I pick up.

"What? Never mind. I'm bored and failing at cooking, wanna go get something to eat?"

"Of course, Walz... Is this going to become a routine or something?"

"Probably." Camila laughs.

"Alright, see you in a bit."

I hang up not wasting any time getting ready.

•••••••••••••

"So did they like it?" Camila asks referring to my model of the new airheads. "They loved it from the start, I think I'm totally going to get that promotion." I tell with a grin.

"That's amazing, China. Get yo promo." Camila says scanning the menu. "Have decided what you're going to have?" She asks. "Nope." I pop the p. To be honest I forgot about the food. My mind was else where. More so, on a beautiful birdie.

Unknowingly, I was smiling to myself... Until a voice brung me out of my thoughts. "Uh. Uhm... No, I'm not ready to order." I sigh running a hand through my hair nervously. The waiter nods at me and then turns to Camila.

"Anything to drink?" The waiter directs back to me. I ask for something basic, all I could think of at the moment. I kept my eyes on the menu while I could her Camila's small giggles.

I look up to see her cackling across the table. "Whaaat?" I whine. "You're flustered and it's funny. What's on your mind?" She asks. I sigh, "Not much, I'm just... I think I'm crushing."

"Crushing?" Camila smirks. "There's nothing more I need to hear." She continues. I giggle at her 'I know exactly who you're crushing on' face. "I mean, how could you not find her extremely attractive? She's an angel." I practically drool.

"I'm happy for you, but Dinah, be careful. You barely know her, don't start crushing to hard." Camila says firmly. I nod in agreement. I don't even know her sexuality. I'm not even sure she's single.

The waiter comes back and I look like a deer in caught in headlights. Camila and I exchanged a glance we both knew all to well. "She'll have a salad, her fat*ss needs it." Camila says pointing to one of salads on the menu. "B*tch." I say loud enough for all three of us to hear.

The waiter takes the order cracking up. "Camila Camila Camila, why do you do this to me?" I laugh after the waiter walks away. "I've learned the ways over the years and I don't want to have my food spit in." Camila slyly smiles.

Just then my phone chimes. I look down to see Lauren texted me.

L: hola?

D: heyy

...

I lock my phone and put it back in my lap. "So how was your day?" I start. "It was good." Camila smirks seeing my phone light up. I blush looking down at my phone and Camila lets out an burst of laughter. "Omg staaaap." I whined while opening my phone.

L: dj, im legit terrified.

D: y? What happened?

L: r u home?

D: no. What's wrong lo?

L: what r u doing rn?

D: I'm out with Camila, answer my qUeStiON LAUREN😡

L: when will u get home?

D: I don't KNOW.. What's wrooong?!?!😤😖

L: ... Ok, text me when u get home.. please

I groan in frustration dropping my phone on the table. "Oh d*mn. Did she reject you?" Camila asks. I slowly look up at her, "No. Camila. Something is wrong and I want to leave."

"Is she ok?" Camila furrows her eyebrows. "I don't know, that's the thing, she won't tell me." I say showing Mila the texts. "Can we get the food first and we can take it to go."  "You ordered me a f*cking salad." I snap. Camila sighs, "Get a lyft."

"Ok bye, Walz." I walk over to the other side of booth and hug her. "See you tomorrow, China."

••••••••

D: I'm coming lo

L: thank u

D: I still don't know what's going on. Don't u want to tell me🙄

L: I'm sorry, I'm so fcking terrified it's not even funny😓

D: I'll be they're in a bit. Don't worry.

About 7 minutes pass by and my lyft comes. I ask if she can speed it up a little and that it's an emergency. By 3:38 I'm at Lauren's house. I knock on the door and almost immediately it opens and a crying Lauren is plopped in my arms.

"Hey hey, what's wrong, what happened." I ask softly. "Auzchn frll dorn zu sturzchz." She mumbled into my chest. "Um, can u repeat that." I ask not knowing a word she said. She pulls away and let's me inside. "Austin fell down the stairs." She states trying to wipe away the constant flow of tears. "Ally took him to the animal hospital, he wasn't moving."

The harder she cried the closer I held her. "I'm so sorry, I hope he'll be alright." I apologized. Yes I barely know her, but I still cared for her. Because from what I know, she's such a sweet caring person who deserves all the love and comfort in the world. And if she needs it, I don't mind giving it to her.