Chapter 3

May 23rd
4:38 am
Two weeks later

"I would tell a joke about pizza, but it's a lil cheeSY." I slowly open my eyes to see Camila standing next to my bed. "Wha-why?... Good morning?" I look around the room and no light is coming through the window. "Dad jokes. Dad jokes everywhere." Camila turns on her phone and faces it to me. 4:39. "What the heck,"  I say squinting me eyes.  

"How long, Camila, how long have you been standing there?" I say scratching my head. "You wanna hear a joke?" "No." I buried my self back into me sheets. "WeLL I would tell you a joke about unemployed people, but none of them work." She says smirking. "See, this is why-- good night, go to sleep, GOOD BYE." I say shutting my eyes hoping to fall back asleep.

••••••••••

Food, food, food, preferably breakfast food, food, food. Ahhhh, cereal. "Hola, DJ, no need for that." I turn around to see Camila holding pancake mix and morning star. "Oh, oh litty." I say putting the cereal back in its spot. "You wanna help?" She asks getting out a griddle. "No, but I will"

••••••••••

"Mila, why where you in my room last night?" I try to start a conversation while waiting for our pancakes to cook.. or burn. "Haha. Ahh. Do you ever get random thoughts and ideas just to do stupid random things at weird times when you can't sleep or are just not tired and you're like, screw it, I don't care if people think I'm loco, it passes time." She smiles at me. "Okay." I awkwardly smile back.   

"Ok, I- I asked you a question." Camila laughs. "O, wait.. I got lost at ahh, I'm sorry, A fly passed in front of me.. I thought you saw it too." Camila bursts out laughing at my adhd self. Real nice. Flys are VeRy dIsTrAcTiNg, bro. "I love you, I'm sorry." Camila says after her laughter dies down.

"Pancake time?" I ask pointing across the kitchen counter. "Oop. I almost forgot. Thank you." Camila struggles to get up then proceeds to trip on her way to the pancakes.

"Um. You want the golden ones or the burnt ones? Please spare me, Dinah, I beg of you." Camila says quickly digging the pancakes off the griddle. I laugh at her desperate attempt at getting the non burnt pieces of dough. Well at least they're not under cooked. "I'll spare you, Mila. Give me those sad excuses of pancakes, I'm probably gonna go get some Starbucks later." I smile to myself.

"Watcha doin later?" Camila asks happily taking the decent breakfast. "Um. Maybe explore the place a little, but today I have to work, but it'll be quick, I could literally just work from home if I wanted."

"That's cool. I'm a boring person so I don't really have anything to do after work, you have a pretty dope occupation." Camila says pouting. "Ya. I do like coming up with possible new models for air heads, but my team members this time around are aggravating." I roll my eyes.

"Well at least you don't have to deal with impatient customers and being listened in on by your boss 24/7." Camila chuckled. "Ya, I wouldn't work at a call center." I said getting up. Camila looks at me with a confused look. "Now that I see what these burnt, rusty, dusty lookin pieces of tar look like, imma pass." I laughed. "Oh ok." Camila pretends to be hurt.

••••• At Air Heads Headquarters •••••

"Oh hey DEnah, finally back for some hel-" "Ha no. I'm here to get samples of our product. I need to take them to the lab." I interrupted . I honestly don't need help in coming up with ideas, especially from these guys. I'm good at what I do and that's why I do it. I don't need help from hot headed nOObS. FreAKIng AIR HeaDS.

"So what do you have so far?" Jalen says to me while I take as much candy samples as I can. "Well so far, nothing, but that'll change soon." I reply looking dead at him. "Okaaay. Whatever you saaay."

I head to my office.. because I have one of my own unlike some people.

After 2 hours brain storming and wasting a whole lot of graph paper, I finally came up with a perfect product.

The airhead bursts, measurements and all.

It's basically just the outline of the airhead logo in 3D with some measurements and a circle on the inside.. with more measurements.

I walk out of my office triumphantly straight towards the lab to give in my model.. My technically 2D, 3D model.. That I am very proud of.

"This is it. Make it in every flavor and every possible combination." I said as the testers obeyed and pinned the sheet to the board.

••••••
Camila
Me: I'm done with work now, I don't want to be bored or alone😊 so get ready.. We're going for a drive
12:12

Camila: okayy

This is a bad habit. Keep texting and driving then one daaay...
BAAM, you're dead.

I stop at a red light and put my phone away. I saw I little park at that neighborhood I was in, I want to show Camila around there. Plus a have to go back if I want to complete my payment and after this new product drops I'm most likely going to get a raise.. cause I'm BO$$!

I pull up to Camila's house and go to the door. I forgot my key.. so I ring the doorbell.

"GrEEtings!" Camila shouts as she swings the door open. "You ready?" I smile. "Ya. Do you need anything?" Camila steps out and slightly keeps the door ajar. "No, I'm good. Let's go."

•••••••

"So where are we going." Camila asks. "Well, I wanna show you the house I want to get and there's a nice little.. probably little.. park over there, so I wanted to check it out with you."

----------

A/N: yo.. Laurinah meets in the next chapter.. So that'll be fun..