After about five minutes into the walk I was already starting go paranoid that a bug would crawl through my ear and into my brain. Every buzz I heard made me swat like crazy, inevitably making me look like a lunatic. However we did eventually collect five bug specimens and I could never be more glad I have Matty as a partner.

"That's a Formicidae."

"The what?" I ask dazzled on how good he is at this.

"The notorious ant." He clarifies for my nut sized brain. I mutter an "oh" and we continue on our way.

"Alright guys the camp's just ahead. So I want everyone to find your partners and go pick a cabin to sleep in for the night." Mrs. Hagarty explains.

"I think she wears the pants between the two." I whisper to Matty. He snorts quietly and covers his face to muffle the laughter. I smile, taking his laughter as a compliment. Mike made his way through the crowd and to us, I waved hi and Matty smiled at him.

"We good?" I ask, he nods and we start towards the mob near the clearing. On the way we pass Vic and Ralph and some other kid who I think's name is John something... Jake something maybe? I let it go and look at Vic; who looks positively miserable. I laugh a little to myself and Vic catches my eyes. I make V with my fingers and stick my tongue between my index and middle one, widening my eyes in the process. He chuckles and keeps watching me as I walk down the path. I turn away but still feel his eyes burning a hole in my back. I run my hands through my hair and play with tips feeling self-conscious being watched. I look to the the side at some trees and using my peripheral vision, I see Vic still staring my way. Alright, so I'm not going insane.

We eventually squeeze our way into the cabin area and pick a random one. I throw my bag in the bed closest to the door, knowing full well that I'll find a way to see Vic tonight. I turn around to walk out the door, but stop admiring one Vic Fuentes' booty. Mike interrupts my thoughts by tapping my shoulder and asking for Skittles. I hand him the remaining (only a handful or two) and decide to give him my Jolly Ranchers too.

"What's next?" I ask confused. Matty and Mike both shrug and I turn around running directly into Vic.

"Hey, M and M look who's here!" I say excitedly, not taking my eyes off those gorgeous sparkly, warm ones. Vic looks down at me for a second or two then steps aside and sits on my bed. I turn with him but stay in my standing position.

"You doing okay there, Mike?" He asks, Mike grunts in answer.

"You too, Matty?" He asks again. Matty nods with a polite smile on his face.

"Sure am." He says.

"Good." Vic returns.

"What about me, Viccy? You didn't ask if I'm alright." I pout. He turns his head back in my direction, and I notice a subtle smirk sliding onto his lips.

"Oh, I know you're okay." He says seductively in a low quiet voice I bet only I can hear. I bite the inside of my cheeks so I don't smile like a dork. After the urge is gone I give a half smile almost smirk-like. Vic and I just stay right like that. Looking at each other for what seems like forever, not that I'm complaining. Just when the warmth of his eyes starts to seep into my pores making me tingle head to toe; Mike interrupts.

"I think we're supposed to be out there." He says, making both Vic and snap out of our stare and look where he pointed. A gathering around what--based on the smoke coming out from the top--seems to be a fire. Dinner maybe? Mike's stomach rumbles loudly and I look at him laughing a little.

"What? I'm hungry!" He says defensively. I shake my head and laugh a little harder. Matty was the first to leave soon followed by a jogging Mike. I looked over at Vic, who's still sitting on my bed.