04 - Bakugo's Start Line

Everyone else is in the monitor room. There's a giant dark green screen with five different places inside a specific building scattered across the screen. The cameras will help show us where the heroes and villains are during their mission.

"Now, let's start the indoor person-to-person combat training with Team A and Team D!" All Might announces into the microphone. He leans away from the microphone. "Okay, everyone, you all should think as well."

We all nod solemnly. Izuku and Ochaco are carefully walking down the hallways of the building. Before they can turn at another corner, Katsuki appears to them by surprise and sends an explosion towards them. Izuku moves Ochaco out of the way, then charges at Katsuki, grabbing his right arm and throwing Katsuki over Izuku's shoulder.

Izuku's doing really well!

But I wish I could hear what they're saying...

"What's Bakugo saying?" Eijiro asks. He has spiky red hair with eyes to match. "Can't tell with just the cameras in a fixed position and no sound."

"He's talking to his partner over the small wireless radio," All Might explains. "You can bring that plus the building's floor plan, and this capture tape!" He holds up a small role of tape. "Once you wrap this around your opponent, it shows that you've captured them."

"The time limit is 15 minutes, and the heroes don't know where the nuclear weapon is located, right?" Mina asks. She has pink hair, skin, and golden eyes, with black sclera. All Might confirms her question. "The heroes are clearly at a disadvantage here!"

"Heroes should be able to turn the tables on whatever predicament they're in. Besides, didn't Mr. Aizawa tell you, too? You know--" All Might squats, then stands straight up with his fist in the air. "Here we go--"

"Plus Ultra!!" we all shout.

"All Might, you might want to pay attention to the monitor..." I mutter out. All Might follows my gaze at the screen, looking at the room Katsuki, Izuku, and Ochaco are in.

Izuku tries to capture Katsuki with the tape, but narrowly escapes his explosion. Izuku runs away, making Katsuki chase after him. Unfortunately for him, Katsuki's now in a game of hide-and-seek. The more he looks around, the angrier he gets. I look at everyone else's worried expressions, then back at the screen, mostly focusing on Izuku and Katsuki.

Out of all of the matches today, this would most likely be the only one I would have to interfere in. I've only heard about Katsuki from Izuku throughout the years we've grown up together, but I've never actually met him. From what I've been told, Katsuki thinks highly of himself, he's very confident in what he does, and Izuku's always admired him. I can see all of the points that have been made, but to sum up Katsuki in one word, he's a hothead.

Oh, Katsuki found him.

Wait...

"Young Bakugo, stop!" All Might shouts into his microphone. Katsuki's about to pull the trigger on his gauntlet that's wrapped around his right arm. "Are you trying to kill him?!"

"All Might, send me over there right now!" I shout at him.

However, Katsuki already pulled the trigger, emitting a massive explosion aiming at Izuku. Smoke is covering the cameras, making it difficult for the class to see what's going on. I can feel the vibrations from the attack, even though we're in a different building. Once the smoke clears, Izuku is on the ground, but it appears he only has a few scratches on him.

"All Might, at least have me over there on standby!" I suggest to him. "Katsuki's clearly not in the right state of mind! He could seriously kill Izuku!"