12 - Battle On, Challengers!

The moment Izuku stops in place, he slowly begins walking towards the out of bounds line. At this point, I ignore everything everyone around me was saying. I put my hands together and hope Izuku comes to his senses.

I didn't think he would fall victim to Hitoshi's Quirk, but he must've said something that affected Izuku. I wish I heard what he said, but there's too much noise going on around me. The more noise around me there is, the less likely I'm able to pick up on a specific person's voice.

Surprisingly, Izuku flicks his fingers towards the ground, making a small whirlwind. With that, Izuku comes back to his senses. He rushes towards Hitoshi, who keeps trying to make Izuku talk back to him. But to no avail, Izuku pushes Hitoshi towards the out of bounds line. He grabs Hitoshi's right arm and flips him over, making his feet go over the out of bounds line.

"Shinso is out of bounds!" Midnight announces. "Midoriya advances to round two!" The entire audience cheers for him. I put my hand over my heart and sigh in relief.

"In the finals, the first person to advance to the second round is Izuku Midoriya from Class A!" Present Mic announces.

"Thank goodness..." I mumble out.

"Is that what you went through, Kaoru?" I hear Tsu ask me. I look in front of her to see her look back at me.

I nod at her. "Yeah... I felt completely helpless and not able to do anything under Hitoshi's control..." I chuckle slightly. "I was gonna drop out too, but...someone convinced me otherwise."

Tsu pats my head. "I'm glad you didn't drop out, ribbit."

"Oh, Deku!" Ochaco calls out to him. "Good work!"

"We saved a seat for you!" Tenya says while pointing at the seat next to him.

"Thanks," Izuku says. I look over at him, and he looks at me with a smile. I nod at him and he walks down to where Ochaco and Tenya are.

A few moments later, Shoto and Hanta take the field, standing on opposite ends from one another. Hanta's stretching a little bit while Shoto's just standing where he is.

"He's good!" Present Mic announces. "He's good, but what's with that plainness he just can't get rid of? From the hero course, it's Hanta Sero!" That's mean... "Versus-- Taking second, then first in the prelims! You're way too strong, kid! He wasn't recommended for admission for nothing! Also from the hero course, it's Shoto Todoroki! And now, for the second match of the finals-- Ready... Start!"

Immediately, Hanta shoots out tape from his elbows to wrap Shoto's arms, torso, and knees together, making him unable to move around. He tries to fling Shoto out of bounds, but as soon as Shoto's feet touch the ground, he sends out a massive wave of ice towards Hanta. That ice ascends upward towards the sky, barely reaching over the stadium building. The tape wrapped around Shoto freezes, but he's able to break that ice to free himself.

"Sero, can you move?" Midnight asks. Half of her body is frozen!

"O-Of course not..." Hanta shudders out. "Ow..."

"Sero is immobilized! Todoroki advances to the second round!"

Out of everyone I could face, he's the one I'm most afraid of facing...

But... Shoto looks angry. Not at Hanta, but at someone else. Maybe his father?

Shoto walks up to Hanta and places his left hand on Hanta's chest, slowly melting the ice around him. He eventually melts all of the ice that he caused on the field, making that field in stable condition to fight on once again. The girl with vines as her hair and Denki walk up to the field on opposite sides from one another.