05 - Yeah, Just Do Your Best, Iida!

"Hey, you!" I hear a woman call to me. I turn around and see a sudden mob of paparazzi caging me against the gate of the school. There's many cameras, notepads, and microphones. The woman shoves a microphone in front of my face. "How are All Might's classes?"

I snarl at them with an intense glare, and they instantly back off. I walk past the gates and towards the building. I walk up the stairs and go into my classroom, heading straight for my seat. I look around to see no one here again. Of course, I'm early. Again.

I take out my phone, text Izuku about the paparazzi in front of the school, and put my phone away. I cross my arms on my desk and lay my head down to get some sleep.

.

.

.

I feel someone shaking my arm, trying to get me to wake up. I open my eyes and see Shoto stop shaking my arm.

"Class is about to begin," Shoto says. His hair is half white on the right and half red on the left. His right eye is hazel while the left eye is turquoise.

I nod at him while rubbing my eyes. A few seconds later, Mr. Aizawa comes in while holding his yellow sleeping bag. He walks towards the front desk. With the chaos that happened this morning, I unintentionally tuned out part of Mr. Aizawa's lecture towards Izuku and Katsuki.

"Now let's get down to homeroom business," Mr. Aizawa says, getting my attention. "Sorry about the late notice, but today, I'll have you decide on a class representative."

As soon as that's been announced, everyone is talking at once how they want to be the class representative. Well, with the exception of some students. I timidly raise my hand, assuming our teacher was going to pick for our class.

"Silence, please!" Tenya shouts, silencing the classroom. "It is a job with the serious responsibility of leading others. It is not a job for just anyone who wants to do it. It is a calling that requires the trust of those around you. If we want to use democracy to decide on a true leader, then we should hold an election to choose one." Tenya has his hand raised up high.

"Why did you suggest that?" Denki asks. He has yellow hair and eyes. He has a black zigzag streak on the left side of his hair.

"We haven't known each other for that long, so how can we have trust or anything?" Tsu asks.

"If that's the case, and everyone votes for themselves..." Eijiro starts to say.

"Don't you think that is precisely why whoever receives multiple votes here can be truly considered the most suitable person?" Tenya asks. "What do you think, Mr. Aizawa?" Our teacher is bundled up in his yellow sleeping bag.

"I don't care, as long as you decide before homeroom is over," Mr. Aizawa says before falling over.

After taking some time, everyone has their final votes for who we want to be our class president. I look at the names written on the board and see Izuku with three votes, Momo with two votes, and me with two votes.

Wait...

What?!

"I got three votes?!" Izuku says in shock.

"Why Deku?!" Katsuki complains while standing up from his desk. "Who voted for him?!"

"Well, it's better than voting for you," Hanta disses. He has plain black hair with his elbows appearing as cylindrical tape dispensers.

"What did you say?!"

"Um, Sasaki?" Momo whispers to me. She has a high black ponytail. "There appears to be a tie for the role of deputy class representative."