21 - Gear up for Final Exams

My parents finally returned from their work and endlessly apologized to me for being gone for so long. They were extremely proud of me for coming in third place during the sports festival. They were also impressed with how far along I've come in training my Quirk. Even though I felt the opposite, in regards of what happened with Stain, I forced a believable smile and thanked them.

In terms of my confrontation with Katsuki, he threatened me not to mention the interaction between us ever happened to anyone. He hesitantly walked me home, but kept his distance from me. Even though that might've been awkward for him, I was secretly thankful he was considerate to give me my space. I guess that hot-head has a soft side to him.

-

The first set of classes came and went in a blur, along with lunch. Everyone's mostly worried about the final exams that are coming up. Most of my classmates are discussing with one another how to prepare for the exams. Some are going to Momo's house to study, some are going to study by themselves, and some are going to be in small groups. I got sixth place on the midterms, so I should be fine. I just second guess myself a lot. On that note, I think I'll study by myself.

As for the practical exam, I heard from Izuku that we'll be going up against the robots we faced during the sports festival and what everyone else faced in the entrance practical exam. I would say that's a little relieving to know, but it sounds a little too good to be true. I have a feeling U.A has a different tactic up their sleeves.

"It doesn't matter if they're people or robots. They're the same if you beat 'em up, right?" I hear Katsuki ask Denki and Mina. "What're you idiots talking about it being a cinch for?" Denki appears angry while Mina appears to be frustrated.

"Who're you calling an idiot?!" Denki shouts at him.

"Shut up!" Both of their expressions get sullen. "If you need to control your Quirk, then control it! Idiot!" Katsuki looks over in Izuku's direction. "Hey, Deku! I don't know if you've already figured out how to use your Quirk a little or what, but you seriously keep rubbing me the wrong way."

"I didn't know there was a right way..." I mumble sarcastically, gaining a few chuckles from other classmates. Katsuki glares harshly at me, but doesn't say anything. He looks back to Izuku.

"I don't need another half-assed result like at the sports festival. At the upcoming finals, we'll get individual scores, so we'll see who's better whether you like it or not." He points at Izuku. "I'll beat you with an indisputable difference! I'll kill you!!" He glances over at Shoto. "Todoroki! You, too!" He glances over at me. "Don't think I've forgotten you, you damn furry!"

"Wait, you remember me?" I gasp audibly, my tone full of sarcasm. Katsuki grits his teeth and he narrows his eyes at me. "Wow, I'm honored~"

"I'll kill you! DIE ALREADY!!" Katsuki leaves the room and slides the door shut.

"It's been a while since I've seen Bakugo that intense," Eijiro mentions. He looks over at me. "You egging him on probably didn't help..." I shrug nonchalantly.

"Who said I was helping him?" I ask to no one in particular.

-

"Hey, furry, you better be ready already!" Katsuki shouts at me through my front door.

He's lucky my parents are out for work.

.

.

.

Why did I agree to this again?

Katsuki had texted me later on that school day to essentially say he'll drag me along to a study session with him and Eijiro. I would've said no, but apparently it's to make up for being sassy with him that day. Whatever floats his boat, I guess.