15 - Fight On, Iida

Once Tenya and Ibara's quick match was over, Fumikage and I start walking up to the stage on opposite sides. I narrow my eyes at him and nod, and he does the same. I take a deep breath, mentally getting ready to transform whenever necessary.

"Now it's time for the third match in the second round!" Present Mic announces. "The man with both offense and defense that got him through the first match! From the hero course, it's Fumikage Tokoyami! On the other hand, her swiftness and quick thinking got her through the first match! Will her tactics work in her favor this time? From the hero course, it's Kaoru Sasaki! Let's get a move on, shall we? Start!"

"Dark Shadow!" Fumikage shouts. The dark bird monster comes out from within his body, but never disconnecting from Fumikage.

"Got it!" Dark Shadow exclaims.

While he's zooming towards me, my arms and legs transform into that of a wolf's. Dark Shadow tries to push me towards the out of bounds line, but I get on all fours and manage to narrowly dodge his attack. I run towards Fumikage, ready to pounce at him, but I sense Dark Shadow about to grab my waist. I quickly lie down and roll over numerous times away from him. I get up and blink a few times to get rid of my dizziness.

Dark Shadow laughs and gets ready to grab me again, but I turn around and chomp on his hand, revealing my sharp teeth to him. He yells out in pain as I run towards Fumikage and finally pounce towards him. My paws land on his torso, then I push myself away from him, making Fumikage land on his butt. His entire body was over the out of bounds line.

"Tokoyami is out of bounds!" Midnight announces. "Sasaki wins!"

I take a deep breath and make my limbs return to normal. I walk up to Fumikage and reach my hand out to him. He looks up at me with a small smile and takes my hand. I lift him up, but then I feel Dark Shadow bonking on my head for biting his hand. I laugh at the action and kiss his hand to try and appease him. We walk back inside the stadium building.

"Sasaki," Fumikage says. I turn to look at him. "Good match."

"Yeah, it was," I say with a smile. "You didn't hold back, did you?"

"Of course not!" Dark Shadow blurts out. A little tear comes from his eye. "If only it were darker out...!"

I laugh. "Let's have a proper match one day when it's darker, okay?"

"Yeah... One day."

Why did I feel like he hesitated when he said that...?

-

Even though Eijiro and Katsuki are facing against each other right now, I'm too anxious to return to my classmates. Instead, I'm in a now vacant waiting room. I passed by Tenya on my way over, and he encouraged me to stay in there. I'm eating the rest of the pieces of meat Mom made and I begin to drink my other water bottle.

"With that vicious carpet-bombing, Bakugo advances to the third round!" I hear Present Mic announce over the intercom. I suddenly feel sick to my stomach.

I thought it was always interesting to watch how Katsuki fights against people, using some different strategies in just this semester alone. But knowing that I'll have to fight that determined hot-head makes me feel scared and nauseous. I lie my head down on the desk and try to control my breathing. I hear my phone go off a few times, but I ignore it.

"The first match of the semifinals!" Present Mic announces again. "With both of them from hero families, it's a battle of the elites! From the hero course, it's Tenya Iida! Versus-- Also from the hero course, it's Shoto Todoroki! Start!"

To attempt to distract myself, I decide to do some stretches. In the midst of my stretching, I hear someone roughly knock on my waiting room door. I jump slightly at the sudden noise, but I stand up and begin to walk towards the door.