09 - Roaring Sports Festival

The school day approaches to an end as everyone gathers their things to go home. I carefully stand up from my chair and place my hands on the desk. I put my arms through the straps of my backpack and step away from my desk, pushing my chair in.

"Hey, furry," I hear Katsuki call out to me. I look over to see him walking towards me with a somewhat calm expression.

"Didn't I tell you to look up the definition before you call me that?" I ask in annoyance.

"I told you before, I'll call you whatever the fuck I want."

I sigh. "Whatever floats your boat. So, what's up?" He kneels in front of me with his back facing me.

"Get on. I still need to pay you back."

Wait...

What?

My heart beats a little faster at his unexpected behavior. I think about what he means until I remember I tried to save him twice. That chameleon and Nomu from the USJ attack. I didn't save him from the Nomu, All Might did.

I was going to say otherwise, but I'm not in the mood to argue, and I don't think he is either. I carefully get on his back and he lifts me up with ease. Suddenly, our classroom door opens and on the other side are quite a few students blocking our way out.

"Wh... Wh-What's going on?!" Ochaco shouts.

"What business do you have with Class A?" Tenya asks.

"We can't get out! What'd you come here for, anyway?" Minoru shouts at them.

"Scouting out the enemy, small fry," Katsuki says while narrowing his eyes at the crowd. "We're the ones who made it out of the villains' attack. They probably wanna check us out before the sports festival." He walks towards the crowd of people, stopping right in front of them. "There's no point in doing stuff like that. Out of my way, extras!" I roll my eyes at him.

"Stop calling people 'extras' just because you don't know them!" Tenya lectures him.

"I came to see what the famous Class A was like, but you seem pretty arrogant," a guy with bags under his eyes and purple hair says. "Are all the students in the hero course like this?" Katsuki makes an angry expression, as if he's about to yell at the purple haired guy.

"Don't..." I whisper to Katsuki, gripping onto his shoulder. He growls a little in frustration and doesn't say anything. The purple haired guy makes his way to the front of the crowd.

"Something like this makes me disillusioned. There are quite a few people who enrolled in general studies or other courses because they didn't make it into the hero course. Did you know that? The school has left those of us a chance. Depending on the results of the sports festival, they'll consider our transfer into the hero course. And it seems they may also transfer people out. Scouting out the enemy? I, at least, came to say that even if you're in the hero course, if you get too carried away, I'll sweep your feet out from under you. I came with a declaration of war."

Okay, this is getting ridiculous.

"Hey, hey! I'm from Class B next door!" a guy with silver hair shouts at us. "I heard you fought against villains, so I came to hear 'bout it! Don't get so full of yourself! If you bark too much, it'll be embarrassing for you durin' the real fight!" Katsuki starts walking away from our class and moves through the crowd of students. I make sure to hold on to him so I don't fall off by any students we pass by. "You ignorin' me, bastard?!"

"Wait a minute, Bakugo!" Eijiro calls out to him. Katsuki stops walking. "What're you gonna do about all this? It's your fault that everyone's hating on us!" He turns to look at him.