33 - The Test

Our days of training passed by, and then the day of the exam was upon us. We all exit the bus and gaze upon where we'll be taking our provisional license exams, the National Dagoba Arena. I'm holding my briefcase with my costume inside with one arm, leaving the other to slightly fidget with my left hand due to nervousness. Suddenly, I feel a hand wrap around mine. I look at the hand and then up at Katsuki's face, who's looking ahead.

"If you can pass this test and get your provisional licenses, then you novice eggs will become chicks..." Mr. Aizawa says. "You'll hatch into semi-pros. Do your best."

"All right, I'll become a chick!" Denki says enthusiastically.

"Let's all call out the usual!" Eijiro exclaims. "Ready, set-- Plus..."

"...Ultra!!" a tall guy with sharp eyes shouts. He's wearing a dark cap with an 'S' on the front, a white dress shirt, and dark pants.

Why does he look familiar to me?

"You shouldn't just barge in on other people's huddles, Inasa," a guy with purple hair tiredly lectures. He's wearing the same attire as the other guy.

"Oh, no! I AM... VERY... EXTREMELY... SORRY!!" Inasa shouts while bowing to us. He roughly hits his head on the concrete from his passionate bow.

"What's with this guy trying to get by with just his enthusiasm?!" Denki asks in shock.

"That uniform..." I mumble. "It's from that famous school in western Japan.."

"U.A in the east, Shiketsu in the west..." Katsuki says.

"The school that rival's ours..."

"I wanted to try saying it just once! Plus Ultra!" Inasa exclaims after standing up from his bow. "I love U.A. High School! I am extremely honored to be able to compete against U.A students!" Blood starts to drip down his face from his skull. "I'm looking forward to it!"

"Oh, blood," a girl with long blond hair points out. She appears to be from Shiketsu as well.

"Let's go," the purple haired guy says while walking away. The two follow suit.

"Inasa Yoarashi..." Mr. Aizawa mumbles.

"Mr. Aizawa, you know him?" Toru asks.

"He's...strong. Last year, the same year as you guys, Yoarashi got the top scores of those admitted through recommendations, but for some reason, he turned down his acceptance."

"What?! Then, he's a first year?!" Izuku asks in shock.

Oh! That's where I remember him from!

"His name's Inasa Yoarashi?" Hanta asks. "Even though he says he loves U.A, he threw away his chance to enroll. I don't get it."

"Right? What a weirdo," Mina agrees.

"He's weird, but he's the real thing," Mr. Aizawa says. "Keep an eye out for him."

"Eraser? It's you, isn't it, Eraser?!" I hear a female voice call out to Mr. Aizawa. I look over and see a woman with turquoise hair walk over towards us. Her costume is a cross between a green and orange clown and pirate. "I've seen you on TV and at the sports festival, but it's been a while since I've seen you in person! Let's get married."

"No."

The woman laughs. "No? Good one!"

"You're hard to talk to, as usual, Joke."

"...Smile Hero: Ms. Joke!" Izuku exclaims excitedly. "Her Quirk's Outburst! She forces those near her to laugh, dulling their thinking and their movements! Her fights against villains are full of craziness!"