28 - All For One

I slowly force my eyes to open to see the villains standing in between Katsuki and I. I hear the TV serving as background noise, not really paying attention to what's being played. I glance over at Katsuki and scan him up and down to see if he's received any injuries. To my relief, he hasn't.

I'm still a little drowsy from being forced to sleep a few times by the sweet scented cloth. In all honesty, I have no idea if any time has passed when I first went to sleep to now. Has it been a few hours? A day or two? A week?

"It's so strange... Why are they heroes being criticized?" Tomura asks nonchalantly. "The way they were dealing with things was just a little off the mark. Is it because it's their job to protect? Everyone makes a mistake or two. Are they supposed to be perfect? Modern-day heroes are so uptight. Don't you think, Bakugo?" Katsuki still wears the angry stare at Tomura.

"Once heroes receive compensation to protect people, they aren't heroes anymore," Spinner says. "That is Stain's teaching."

"The strange system of transforming people's lives into money or glory... The society that sticks tight to those rules... The citizens who blame the losers rather than encourage them... Our fight is to question: What is a hero? What is justice? Is this society truly just? We'll have everyone thinking about it. We're planning on winning. You like winning, too, right?" I shake my head in Katsuki's direction, accidentally making the chain attached to my collar jingle.

"You're finally awake again~!" Himiko cheers while shooting her arms into the air.

"I guess now's a good time to have her stay awake." Tomura turns around in his chair to face me. "Have you considered my offer from when we last spoke?" I narrow my eyes at him. "I'm sure you can understand why I had to restrain you, it's merely a precaution. Now, I'm going to ask you this only once, Kaoru Sasaki... Will you join me?"

I glance over to see Katsuki's eyes widen slightly. He's slowly shaking his head at me, wanting me to decline Tomura's offer. I close my eyes and look down at the ground. I do my best to resist the urge to smile.

As if I'd join this dysfunctional group!

"I need your answer," Tomura says slightly impatiently. I turn my gaze over to him and shake my head no. Tomura pauses for a moment, then turns his chair in Dabi's direction. "Dabi, release their restraints."

"Huh? They're gonna fight, you know," Dabi mentions.

"It's fine. We need to treat them like equals, since we're scouting them. Besides, you can tell if you'll win or not if you fighting this situation, right, U.A students?"

"Twice, you do it."

"What, me? No way!" the black and white Deadpool complains.

"Do it."

"Man..." Twice walks over to my restraints first and unlocks my handcuffs, collar, and chains. I rub my wrists one at a time as Twice walks over to unlock Katsuki's restraints.

"I do apologize for using such forceful methods," the striped mask man says. "But please understand that we are not just a mob trying to commit crimes. We didn't kidnap you two by accident."

"Even though our situations differ, everyone here has been restricted and suffered because of people...rules...and heroes..." Tomura says while getting up from his chair. "I'm sure you guys also--"

Katsuki kicks Twice's face and uses the explosions from his hand at Tomura, making one of his hands come off. I slowly and carefully stand up while using the wall behind me as balance. My drowsiness from the chloroform hasn't gone away just yet.