Chapter Twenty Five

Confusion.

Denial.

Anger.

Silence.

I think those were the best way to explain everything right now. Four days of this since that day. 

She came over, told us then left and I couldn't come up with anything to say. He didn't speak either, he just left and came back later that night sneaking into bed but he kept his distance.

Seeing his face when she told us was... fear. He looked right over to me once the words left her mouth. Since that day he's barely spoken at all. I mean he asked a few questions just to confirm what she was saying and if she was sure but after that, not too much.

I tried to keep calm when he was around because I knew he was losing it but, what could I do? What could I say? The past couple of days have been just like that. Quiet and awkward. He was with us as he usually was but, he was... distant.

Everyone noticed it too. Eve just demanded to know if he hurt me so she could beat him and Bonnie agreed too. But, I just reassured them everything was good even though I could tell my mood didn't match my words. That's how its been for days.

But, today something finally changed.

My Friday night always consisted of relaxing a bit and getting some clothes washed as Gabby tired herself out dancing and singing. Usually, Lexi was here with her but, today she wasn't feeling well. Trust me Gabby made up for her absence.

As I laughed at her dancing around I heard the front door open. As always she was running to him as he called out it was him. He came in smiling as he held her and she told him all about her day.

He kissed her head putting her down and sitting beside me with a bit of space between us. I couldn't deny I felt a bit of a ping in my heart every time he did something like that. He completely withdrew from me. All because of the news. I knew eventually we would have to talk about it but, I guess we both had to come to terms with it. This wasn't something that could be resolved so simply though.

 Gabby continued dancing as I folded clothes and he decided to join in quietly. I looked over to him focused on his folding and trying to perfect everything. 

I giggled watching him and he looked over  "How was your day?" he asked finally looking directly at me I froze for a second before shrugging looking at the clothes. "It was fine, usual Friday as always. What about you?" "Same... I actu- actually..." he froze for a second putting the clothes on the table completely facing me.

"I went to see Amber?" he whispered as I flinched for a second hearing her name. I guess he was ready to talk about it. I just nodded but continued folding clothes, I didn't want to make it seem like I was waiting on this or that I was anxious. But, I kind of was.

"How is she?" I asked looking at him and he cleared his throat shrugging not meeting my eyes anymore. It went silent for a few seconds before he sighed looking up. 

I stopped watching him nervous "She's fine... she doesn't know what to do right now. She's not sure if its the time, but really wants to think about it. And... she wants our input" he said I looked at him in pure and utter confusion.

"Our?" I asked shocked and he nodded. I continued folding shaking my head. "It has nothing to do with me, that's your decision" I whispered. My opinion and thoughts on any of this was irrelevant. It would be his child and if I wanted to be with him, I would have to accept it.

Not exactly how I wanted this relationship to start if we're being honest but, we can't do anything about it. Surprised we were even talking about this right now. It was a subject that wasn't brought up for days and now he was all for it.