Chapter Eighteen

"Ugh, I can't wait to taste you salmon croquettes. It's been so long, been craving it" Bonnie cheered walking next to me as we strolled through the supermarket with a full cart. I laughed shaking my head as I put macaroni noodles in the cart.

I wasn't even going to make them for today but, she was begging me for weeks to make them. I gave in obviously and now her mood went from happy to ecstatic.

"You've been harassing me for weeks. So why not to get you to shut up?" she hit my arm instantly giggling. "I know you did it because you love me, it's okay girl I love you too" she smiled making me laugh as I looked around trying to remember if I got everything.

"Besides, its been forever since everyone's been together for dinner" "Yeah, you're right but now there's more. Harry and his family are coming over. Excited?" she asked and I smiled looking over at her nodding. Of course, I loved his parents and having them over again would be great, I always enjoyed them.

"Yes, as long as Eve doesn't act like Eve" I sighed heading to the juice aisle. "What joke about you and Harry?" "Yes and make it awkward as fuck around each other. She practically told us we need each other" I sighed rolling my eyes wanting anything but that.

I'm pretty sure Harry hated it too, he was the one who got hurt before. I'm sure he was over what happened years ago but who wants to have it brought up again and again?

"Can't blame her for trying. She's like every mother wanting their child to settle down with the person they like. You said she was rough around the edges but now, you guys talk like you're friends. Take it as a compliment" she giggled nudging me as I shook my head rolling my eyes.

I had no idea what the future held for us but, Eve was trying to make sure we were together and not just co-parenting.

"Or it will make things awkward between us" I muttered looking around shaking my head til I saw a familiar face walking right ahead of us. I froze for a second before instantly taking off after her leaving Bonnie and the cart behind me without any hesitation.

Just as she turned a corner I called her name up still running towards her almost knocking into a few people but I couldn't care less.

"Amber" I called out making her stop and turn to see me rushing towards her. She looked a bit confused watching me. I've been begging for the day I could see her and talk to her about that day but, I knew nothing about her really. I knew asking Harry wouldn't have worked so I was stuck, until now.

She gave me a small smile and I expected nothing more especially after this day but, I would explain it and she could call Harry and work everything out,

"Hey" "How are you?" I asked and she nodded looking down for a second. I could tell she was still on edge but she tried to hide it.

"I'm doing good and you?" "Same. Happy I ran into you been hoping for a while to do so" I admitted smiling as she nodded waiting for me to talk. She didn't seem to want to really converse but she let me talk anyway.

"Honestly, I just wanted to apologize for what happen at Gabby's birthday. There's been a guy at my job not really getting that I'm not interested so Harry stepped in. I know it looked bad but, honestly it was onl-" she started shaking her head ready to speak but I continued talking.

"He was calling, texting me and he knew I was annoyed by it so he said whatever he said on the phone to get him to back off and it worked" I finished and she nodded then shrugged making me relax a little bit. She was calm.

"Don't worry about it-" "I know it looks bad but, its the truth. Harry likes you and wants you. I swear to you there will be no mo-" "Lauryn relax, its okay" she chuckled making me force out a laugh even though I was still trying to feel out exactly how she felt about everything.