Chapter Six

Few Days Later

"Grandpa and Grandpa took me to the zoo with daddy and Lexi" Gabby yelled into the phone beyond excited making me giggle "Really? How is it?" "I saw a Lion and it roared" she exclaimed making me laugh even more as Taylor looked at me confused.

"Did you have candy baby?" I asked knowing that was the culprit in the way she was acting. She was joyful but she was barely making any full sentences. She had so much to say... "Cotton candy, m &m's, and gummy bears" she said and I sighed rolling my eyes.

Not today. She would be hopping off the walls when she got back. No.

"Okay well take pictures for me and have fun baby. I'll see you later, love you. Give the phone to daddy please" I sat down closing my eyes waiting to hear his voice. I would let him handle what he wanted but, some things I wouldn't allow and this was one of them.

"Yeah-" "Keep giving her sugar and you're keeping her tonight" I simply stated making him laugh into the phone as I sat there serious. I was already tired and running around chasing Gabby till she passed out could not happen tonight, not on my watch.

"She had real food too but everything she asked for, I couldn't say no to" he explained still laughing. Of course not, how could he resist the puppy dog eyes? She had him already wrapped around her finger.

"Don't drop her home till she's passed out" "She'll be fine but, we'll take another trip around. Happy?" He asked and I chuckled looking over at Taylor smiling at me. Probably happy to see us finally getting along and trust me I was happy with it too. I could definitely live with this. Cordial co-parenting at its finest.

"Please and thank you" "I'll see you later. Say bye to mommy" "Bye mommy" I heard her scream before the call ended and I locked my phone dropping it on the couch next to me. I looked up to see Bonnie smiling at me excited and I rolled my eyes knowing exactly what she was thinking. She was happy that we were on such good terms but, it was only for Gabby.

" Last time he wasn't even speaking to you and now you guys are joking on the phone and laughing? I'm really happy for you guys, how is Gabby doing with this change?" I sighed smiling not even able to think of a time where she didn't have a smile on her face with him. Impossible.

"She's happy and.... that's all that really matters. He is an amazing father... kind of wish I did give them a chance now" I hated going back to that but, I don't think I could ever really get over that choice.

She playfully hit my leg moving closer "Like you said... he's here, he's happy and he makes her happy that's all that matters. How are people taking the news though? I know he was with his parents, have you spoken to them?" I shook my head struggling. Not sure if we really needed to, at least not now. They were giving love to my daughter and they seem to have welcomed her so I would not worry about it as of right now.

I knew it would come up eventually though.

"Well, what about your friends? Have you told them yet or has he said anything?" "Haven't spoken to them much lately. Not even sure what they would say about it. I told them it was just a one night stand to make sure it never got back to him but, I guess I'll have to see right?" I asked looking over today and she nodded smiling trying to give me a bit of positivity but, we knew what could happen once they found out. It could change our friendship but, once again I couldn't worry about that right now.

"Enough of the serious stuff, we are officially free of kids for a few hours. Why the hell don't we have a drink in our hand?" She demanded getting up and to head straight to the kitchen to grab some wine as I laughed wondering the same thing. This was our time to relax. Just unwind and not worry about all of the negative or complex things right now.