Chapter Two

I could feel it. After we had breakfast,  I gave Harry a hug goodbye promising to hang out soon, driving to dance class and getting seats to sit down. I sighed looking over at her as she watched me as if she was waiting for me to say something. I wanted to ask her what was her problem but, I was positive it was about him.

Soon enough I was tired of the scolding "What?" "Don't what me Ryn... Harry" she stated and I sighed looking over to see Gabby and Lexi practicing their dance routine next to each other. She's about to kill me "Haven't seen him in four years...green eyes like Gabby, dimples too. Were 'best friends'...that's her father" she whispered leaning closer but I refused to make eye contact.

Was there a reason to lie?

"How the hell doesn't he know? How doesn't anyone not see the resemblance?" She demanded making me sigh shrugging. "No one knew about us, wasn't really a secret but, just our business. I just told them it was just a one night stand and they seem to have believed it" I whispered looking over at her frowning.

I know it wasn't the best decision now but at the time, I thought it was. He had his dream life already in the process and I couldn't take it from him. I couldn't go through with the abortion either.

"Are you going to tell him?" She asked and I sighed shrugging looking over to Gabby. "I don't know" "You don't think he'll want her?" "Not that... just think it's too late. Four years later, I didn't think he would come back. Didn't even think we would ever talk again either" I explained and she sighed sitting back in her chair thinking about it. I knew she wanted me to tell him for Gabby but, I knew the result wouldn't be good.

"But you are talking. I think he will be happy" "I doubt it, now he would have to deal with me for the rest of our lives. Why would he be fine with just becoming a father?" "I don't know Ryn. Why didn't you tell him in the beginning?"

"I thought it was the best at the time, he was leaving soon. Didn't think it would be right to stop his life... I wasn't even sure if I was going to keep her then" Less than twenty-four hours ago, everything was good. No complication and now, I was being hit with one that was a big as an eighteen-wheeler truck. If he was here, the truth would come out, I was going to have to face the consequences eventually.

"Think about it this way, what kid wants to grow up without a father? She will ask eventually ask you and you'll have to tell her. I'm surprised she hasn't asked yet" she whispered and I sighed nodding.

Many single mothers wished they could have the father in their child lives but, because of unfortunate circumstances, they couldn't. Like Bonnie, Chris her boyfriend was in jail for drug possession. It was stupid yes but, he did it for them. Bonnie lost her first job and before she got the one she has currently, they needed a source of income to support not only them but, Lexi who was coming in a few months. She didn't know anything till he was already arrested but, thankfully she got that job call before then.

I knew she would do anything to have him home for Lexi and I was here scared to tell him. But, Gabby deserved to have a father in her life. Even if we weren't on the best terms after, I tell him. The longer I wait, the worse it gets.

*****

"Mommy! Look what auntie Bonnie got me. It's a bear" she said running over to the car excited as I giggled nodding opening the door for her and Lexi to get in. These two couldn't go to any store without getting something. Spoiled princesses.

"She cute baby. What's her name?" I asked strapping them in as Bonnie put the bags in the car. "Leela" she giggled making me laugh again. "I love it, let's get home to get dinner made" I said closing the door and getting in the driver's seat.