Chapter Twelve

I took a deep breath relaxing as I sat back on the couch with my cup of tea and my book with the rain pouring outside. My type of weather. I've always loved the rain and Gabby used to too when she was younger. She would pass out without hesitation but now she could care less.

If anything, it made her upset. They had to cancel dance class because of the storm coming. Nothing crazy but the rain would be heavy and it wasn't worth it. So we just relaxed today. I caught up on my book and she just played games on her tablet and colored.

She hummed to the music playing on her tablet as she played every once in a while coming over to me to show me something on her tablet.

She was fine until it started to thunder a bit. I think it just comes randomly is what scared her most. Once the lightning came, we moved to the bedroom laying on the bed. Her grip on me never let up even after I tried to soothe her and reassure her that in a few it would be over.

That was until all the power went out.

"It will pass baby, just give it time" I reassured her. The sky was dark and since I had no lights on, we could barely see except for the light coming from her tablet. I couldn't use my phone since I was on five percent so, we just had to ride this storm out. I hoped she would pass out but the thunder was preventing it. She clung on for dear life jumping at any sound of thunder.

Hours passed and my phone died but, she finally passed out once the thunder calmed down. The best I could do was light some candles and relax till they got it together. Not sure how long that will be but, I hoped it was soon.

I walked out of the room going to grab some more candle when a figure ran towards the front door. The door opened and in ran Harry soaked breathing hard as I stood there shocked that he was even here. It was pouring outside and I wouldn't want to be on that road.

He looked at me taking a deep break shaking his head "It's crazy outside" he exclaimed making me chuckle and nod. "It is, so why are you out there driving in it?" I scolded making him scoff taking his shoes and jacket off before walking in the living room.

"You should have answered your phone then" "It died and the powers out so I couldn't charge it. Didn't think it would be his bad" I explained shrugging and he sighed nodding "Yeah a tree fell and brought down a few lines down the street-"

We both jumped hearing Gabby's high voice "Daddy?" She called out hopping off my bed and running into the living and straight to Harry. He scooped her up and she hugged him tightly resting her head on his shoulder and he looked at me smiling and I just shook my head. She was just passed out and now that Harry was here and she was wide awake.

"It's scary outside" "It's just a storm princess. It will be done soon" he whispered soothing her as he rubbed her back. "How long do you think it's going to be?" I asked going in the cabinet to get the extra candles as he sat down on the couch taking a deep breath.

"Not sure, it's never a quick process to get wires back up... why don't you just come to my house? It's fine over there but I have a generator in case" he simply stated as I stood up with the candle looking at him frozen.

"What?" I asked as my head tilted to the side making him roll his eyes getting up. "Pack some clothes and come to my house for a few days as they fix the wires. There's no way in hell i'm letting you two stay in the dark" "Daddy don't say that word" Gabby whispered pulling back to put a finger to his lips. I laughed remembering the times I slipped up in front of her and she scolded me.

"Sorry princess, I meant heck" he reassured he kissing her finger then putting her down. "Come on, let's go pack your bag, you and mommy are going to stay with me for a few days" he smiled and she jumped cheering in excitement as I stood there laughing nervously.