Chapter Twenty One

I just kept repeating his words in my mind over and over. It took a few seconds before it finally registered what he was asking for. To give him another baby. And you know the weird thing about it, I couldn't say no. I didn't want to. I wasn't expecting him to ask for it but, I was okay with it.

I looked down at my fingers trying not to smile too hard as he chuckled a bit "I haven't gotten on your nerves yet? You want a second child by me?" I joked making him laugh hitting my thigh gently. He thought I was joking but, I was serious. 

He shook his head watching me closely "Never... you're the only woman I know I will never get tired of seeing and having in my life. And... I want to experience this from the beginning. I want to be able to be there for you through it all. All you will have to do is push them out, I got the rest" he smiled making me laugh instantly as I shook my head in disbelief.

I can't believe he was asking for this, I can't believe how willing he was to do everything for me just for me to give him a child. I never expected to even have a conversation like this but, without a thought, I was fine with it.

If I could do one thing over, I would have told him. And now I was lucky to have another chance and be able to give him something so personal. No way in hell I wouldn't agree to this, I understood what he meant by being the only person I could never get tired of. That was him. Plus we already had our lives intertwined with Gabby, I couldn't be this lucky...

I nodded smiling as his smile got bigger instantly warming my heart "Give me about a year t-" "Done, whenever you're physically and mentally ready for that. I'm in no rush" he reassured and I smiled looking down at my drink. I don't know what he was doing to me. For so long I was contempt with just having Gabby in my life but with every second I spent with him, I wanted him there too.

Maybe more than I did before...

I finished my drink putting my glass down "One year and we'll work things through" I confirmed seeing his smile getting bigger and brighter. I couldn't help but poke one of his dimples giggling at how amazing this felt being with him again.

"You are the Wonder Woman to my Superman" he whispered and without a thought, I was jumping over to hug him resting my head on his chest as he pulled me in closer. He gently kissed my head as we sat in silence for a few minutes not needing any words for this.

I didn't know what was going on between us but, I did know I wanted to keep this here. Where ever this fell on the list of between being best friends and something more than that.

"If you told me a couple of months ago that we would be like this, I wouldn't dare to believe it" he whispered against my head running his fingers up and down my arm gently as I chuckled leaning more into him without any response.

Never felt so good than I did here in his arms.

He was perfect and I loved everything about him. I was lucky to have him here and even before. He gave me everything but at that time, I wasn't ready for it. I wasn't ready to commit to anything.

It sucked knowing what he wanted but, not being able to give him that correctly. He didn't deserve heartbreak, he didn't deserve for his time to be wasted or to look stupid because of anyone.

And I didn't deserve him.

I took a deep breath closing my eyes taking his scent it trying to relax "I'm sorry for not giving you what you deserved before... it wasn't the right time for me to even think of being with someone" He sighed shaking his head "You didn't feel the same way, why are you apologizing Renny?" he asked and I could hear the hurt in his voice. He brushed it off like it didn't matter but, how else would you feel if someone couldn't say those three words back to you. Now, you're stuck with them for the rest of your life.