Chapter Thirteen

"So Harry swooped in and saved the day?" Bonnie teased on the phone making me roll my eyes as I picked up the few toys Gabby left around her room when she passed out. She didn't even want to come out of this room since we came here. It's been three days, electricity was on at my house but, Harry just suggested to stay a few more days. 

He used Gabby loving her room as leverage so of course, I couldn't say no.

I looked over to Gabby laid out on the bed as I giggled loving this. "So, how has it been? Being in his house?" she asked and I looked around still feeling awkward walking through his house. He didn't make me uncomfortable but, it just made me feel... "Kind of weird, not in a bad way. I'm grateful he did this but, I don't know..." I whispered walking out of the room in towards the living room as Bonnie sighed.

"Yeah.. I get it but, hey... at least you know he's going to be there for you and Gabby. That's what matters right? Even if this never get back to where they were, you'll still have love for each other. Even then you guys seem to have moved on. You're focused on you and Gabby and he's with Amber now right?" she asked and I sighed sitting down on the couch.

He told her yesterday and she definitely was taken off guard with it. It changed the whole mood he said and it kind of sucked finding that out.

"I'm not sure. She knows now but, she was kind of distant after. I mean I expected her to be surprised but, I hope that doesn't mess them up. I told him to tell her everything-" "Why?" she asked cutting me off.

"I don't want this to hurt him. That was my decision for him not to know" "Lauren, you don't have to keep blaming yourself" she whispered as I rested my head on the couch. "I just don't want him to lose her if that is the reason. It's not his fault Bonnie"

"Yeah but, if they are meant to be, they will. Don't worry about them. It's like you're trying to make it up to him, but he's already forgiven you... You need to too" she stated making me freeze up on the phone not sure how to respond. Was that how I looked? Like I was trying to make everything up to him?

Before I could respond, the doorbell rung. I looked confused but, got up quickly to find out who it could be. Maybe his parents or something... hopefully not. His mother still hated me and he seeing this would just prove her right. Maybe it was time for us to go.

Shit.

I froze up seeing Amber waiting outside at the door. "Shit..." I muttered rolling my eyes. Of course it was Amber. The person I didn't expect but, Definitely didn't want to deal with. Maybe I would take his mother before her.

"Who is it?" "Amber... I'll call you later" I whispered hanging up and walking to the door.

Once I opened the door she looked me over when her face hard. She was in between shock and angry but she tried to hide it. I was here in his home and looked like I stayed here... It didn't look good for him or me.

"Hi... umm" she stuttered over her words as we stood there unsure of what to say. "Amber right?" I asked in a friendly tone and she nodded looking around. "...Yeah... I was looking for H- But, never mind" she whispered out turning instantly walking away.

I called her a few times as I grabbed my shoes putting them on quickly and headed out of the house. I ran after her meeting her right in front of her car. She turned instantly looking at me confused as I took a deep breath.

"Trust me, it isn't what it looks like...I'm only here because of the storm a few days ago. Our power was out for a few days and he brought us here. What man would let his child be without power? We sleep in separate rooms and only co-parent. So whatever is in your mind, isn't true" I explain seeing her relax a bit but, not as much as I wished.