Chapter Ten

"Hey" I heard behind me making me jump a little bit but turn to see Tyler there smiling. I returned it waiting for him to speak up. I had work to do and being distracted right now wasn't good. Rather be buried in work than to really think right now anyway.

"You okay?" He asked and I nodded instantly smiling. Fake it till he goes away. "Yeah, I'm fine" I smiled as his eyes narrowed at me waiting for something but, I wasn't going to feed into it. I just shrugged smiling.

"Not really believing it. Been quiet all week" he whispered and I sighed trying not to show how annoyed I was. I didn't really want to talk about it and knowing that he was just watching me all week kind of made it worse.

At least he didn't bother me..l till now.

"I'm just tired" I explained and he came closer smiling. "I would bring you flowers or something but, you don't look like the lovey-dovey... romantic type" he stated and I nodded "I'm not but, thank you for the thought" I whispered and he nodded smiling down at me.

He tilted his head for a second thinking before speaking up "How can I take your mind off of everything? How about we hang out again?" He offered and I sighed shaking my head. Before I could speak up he cut me off pushing harder now that he as asked.

"You look like you just need a day to relax or something. I can make dinner we can just wine and dine maybe. I'm sure I can take your mind off of it for at least a little bit" he reassured I a shook my head.

"Trust me I'm fine. Just need a nice long sleep and maybe some yoga" I joked brushing his offer off. Last time we hung out it wasn't that good but, I've had worse. If we were just friends then I wouldn't mind but, I believe he still thought he had a chance.

He didn't.

The last thing I could even focus on right now was dating and trying to calm down a dog in heat.

He chuckled letting his fingers run through his facial hair slowly as he looked around before looking at me "Come on give me a chance Lauryn, and I'm not asking for marriage or anything else. Just dinner to talk and just vent about whatever is on your mind. I do really like you and seeing you like this...hurts." he stated frowning as I looked around not sure what to say.

Was he a bad guy? No. Not at all but, what was the point of this? I wasn't going to do anything with him, I didn't want anything with him. He had to know that by now right? Maybe he was just trying to help.

"All I want is two hours of your time" he pleaded putting his hands together smiling as I watched him sighing in defeat.

Please don't let me regret this.

"Just dinner?" I asked and he smiled nodding "Just dinner with all your favorites" "Fine, text me your address, I'll be there at eight"

*****

"You don't have to cook, we can go out for pizza, Chinese, McDonald-" I shook my head instantly turning back to him laughing knowing how much I hated fast food. "Absolutely not, we had fast food twice this week. She needs real food... what you don't like my cooking or something?" I joked and he laughed shaking his head getting up from his chair.

"How could I when you've learned from the best?" he teased as I rolled my eyes mixing the vegetables. "I hope baked chicken, yellow rice and vegetables is good-" "It's perfect, just didn't want to inconvenience you before you go on your date" he said and I rolled my eyes shaking my head. Loved him but, he could be an asshole sometimes.

"Not a date... friends eating dinner" I corrected for the fifth time and he smirked nodding as I looked over at Gabby coloring a picture. "You don't have to stay here if you don't want to, you can take her back to your house"