Chapter Fourteen

"If you buy her one more piece of candy or anything sweet, she staying at your house. I'm not dealing with her hopping off the walls because she has a sugar high" I stated laughing into the camera. Harry laughed rolling his eyes as he walked through the mall FaceTiming me.

"I only got her a cinnamon pretzel.... and some gummy worms" "That's all she needs" I laughed rolling my eyes. He just smiled into the camera as I heard her in the background asking to go into every store that she saw a toy in. He was spoiling my baby, and I couldn't do anything about it.

"You'll get one toy but, I want to get you some more clothes too princess" he smiled at her and I was perfectly fine with that. "Okay if you're gonna buy her some clothes at least get her some jeans and long sleeves. It's starting to get a bit cold outside" I whispered shrugging.

"I know, that's why you're sick now" he muttered making me roll my eyes. "Shut up" "Feeling any better?" He asked. "No, I feel like sh...horrible. I'll be fine by tomorrow. I'm going to take some NyQuil and I should be fine" I stated simply. I just needed a day to sleep and rest my body. By tomorrow, I'll be good as new.

Yeah right. You're always on your deathbed when you get sick. DayQuil makes you nauseous and NyQuil makes you drowsy all day. You might as well call out of work tomorrow" "I'm fine-" "We'll see in the morning" he stated laughing as he walked through a store.

"Daddy I like this one" Gabby yelled excited as I shook my head. "Okay baby... Alright Ren, feel better, drink a lot of fluids and I'll see you a little later. Princess say bye to mommy" "Bye mommy, love you" 

" I love you too baby, I will see you later" After we ended the call I just laid down in the bed closing my eyes feeling my throat a bit irritated and dry. I could take the stuffy nose and coughing but the sore throat and the lack of energy I hated. Hopefully, I will feel a little bit better tomorrow.

Just as I got comfortable enough to doze off, the doorbell wrong. I sighed then got out of bed and headed to the door a bit confused. I wasn't expecting anyone and anyone I knew would text me to let me know that they were coming.

As soon as I saw who it was, I froze up staring in shock for a second then slight annoyance. It was Harry's mother.

I had no hate towards her but, the last time we saw each other, it wasn't so great. Especially when she accused me of lying about who Gabby's father was. That definitely hurt a bit but, the last thing I wanted was tension between me and his family. I wanted to smooth things over but, I didn't know if I would ever really speak to her again yet, here she was waiting for me to open the door.

I opened it looking at her a bit confused. "Hi" was all I said looking at her. She gave me a warm smile looking me up and down before speaking up. I prepared myself "Did I come at a bad time? You look tired" she stated throwing me off a bit but I just shook my head brushing it off simply. "Oh, it's just a cold... Are you looking for Harry? He is at the mall with Gabby but-"

"No I came to see you..." she simply stated smiling at me as I looked at her confused as fuck. She wanted to see me? For what? I hope it wasn't to continue accusing me of lying about Gabby's father. Even if I wasn't sick, I didn't have the energy for it. I didn't want bad blood here.

I didn't say anything just let her walk in and head to the kitchen instantly as I close the door and followed her. "Do you have honey, ginger, and cayenne pepper?" "Uhh... those two cabinets to the left" I directed in a unsure voice trying to figure out what she was doing here, why she wanted to speak to me and also why she was looking for ingredients.

Within a few minutes, the house smelled sweet with slight spice. She poured it into a mug and turned bringing it over to me to sit at the table across from me.