Chapter 40

Chanel

"So, you're back home with hubby huh?" Khloe asked handing me a glass of wine, before taking a seat on her couch across from me. I was over at her house spending some quality sister time with her. Between me going back home and spending time with my husband, and then going back to work, I hadn't really spent much time with my siblings and I missed them. Ever since I met them, we've been so close and I don't want our schedules to get in the way of that.

"Yea, I am."

"Good. Cause I couldn't take any more of that man calling my phone crying over you" she said rolling her eyes dramatically as I laughed

"He was calling you too?" I asked in disbelief

"Sis, he was calling everybody. Getting on all my last nerves. The only person he didn't call was dad cause he already knew how that would go"

"Yea, well him and dad already had that talk and I know he's glad they got it over with" I giggled

"That's good. You look really happy though. It's good to see that"

"I am happy. Things between Trey and I have done a complete one-eighty from how they were a few months ago and I'm really happy about that."

"Good. I'm happy for you sissy."

"Thank you, baby."

"No problem. What are you doing tonight?"

"I didn't really have anything planned." I said with a shrug "why?"

"I wanted to go to the club tonight"

"You don't ever get tired of those places" I frowned

"Nope, you just have to know the right people to go with" she shrugged

"I guess. If it'll make you happy I'll go."

"Cool. Kaiden and Jess will be here by ten." She said with a smile. I looked at my watch and it was already 8:30 so I guess I would just be stealing something from her closet to wear. I got up from her couch and made my way upstairs to her guest room where I took a quick shower before heading to her room and allowing her to do my hair and makeup.

About two hours later, we were finally done and ready to go.

"Thank God. I don't know why y'all took all that time to get dressed up. Nobody got a be looking at y'all anyway" Kaiden said as Khloe abruptly woke him up from his nap. We ended up taking more time than expected since Jessie wanted Khloe to do her makeup, so Kaiden made it his business to take a power nap.

"Shut up Kaiden, the only one that won't be turning heads tonight is your ugly ass," Jessie said

"Why I gotta be ugly, Shark Breath?" Kaiden retorted causing Khloe and me to laugh. Ever since they met they've always gone back and forth and it was amusing to watch. I loved the fact that even though Khloe and Kaiden weren't biologically related to Jessie, they never acknowledged it. She was their sister none the less and even now more so since my dad decided to adopt her. 

"Because you are Dragon Breath."

"Whatever man, are y'all ready?" Kaiden asked, throwing a pillow at her head before standing up from the bed