Chapter 36

Chanel P. O. V

"Chanel sweetie, can you hear me?" I felt myself being shaken awake and I opened my eyes to see Candy standing over me as I laid in bed. My vision was extremely blurry and all I could feel was a stabbing pain in my stomach

"What's going on?" I groaned

"Come on sweetie. You've gotta get up, I'm gonna take you to the hospital." I nodded before rolling over and sitting up on the bed. I don't remember how long ago I called her, but I was in so much pain that I didn't ask any questions. As I got up from the bed, my head immediately began to feel like it was spinning and I had trouble staying steady on my feet. I heard Candy curse under her breath as I stumbled into her and the last thing I saw and heard was a pool of blood between my legs and Candy yelling for my father.

I woke up to the sound of beeping and the sound in combination with the bright lights helped me realize I was in the hospital. I looked around the room and saw Candy and my Dad sitting in two chairs by the window.

"She's up" I heard Ms. April say and I looked to see her sitting at the foot of my bed. "How are you feeling honey?" She asked as Candy and my dad stood up and came next to me.

"What happened?" I asked, noticing they were all crying. They looked around at each other as if they didn't know what to say.

"Umm, I'm sorry baby girl," my dad said as he began to cry harder causing my heart to beat even faster

"Dad, what's wrong?" I asked in a panic as I began to get an idea of what he might say. I remember going to bed in pain last night, but I brushed it off as if it was just normal cramps. When Candace woke me up this morning, I remember seeing the pool of blood on my bed and I had a feeling that their tears had something to do with that.

"The baby didn't make it" he said

"What? How, what happened?" I asked as I looked down at my stomach which was still obviously large.

"They said something about placental abruption and stress levels. The baby's heart stopped beating" he said crying harder. "I'm so sorry" he pulled me into his arms as I shook my head in disbelief. My doctor had told me that my pregnancy was high risk, and at times I felt discouraged, but all in all, I genuinely believed my daughter would make it. I had fought so hard and for so long, That this was truly hard to believe. The more I analyzed the situation in my head, I felt the tears begin to spill over and I found myself crying uncontrollably as my dad held me.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry" he said as he rocked me side to side.

"Where's Trey?" I managed to get out and I noticed Ms. April shake her head.

"We've been calling and calling but he won't answer the phone." After about fifteen minutes, I had calmed myself down as best as I could as my doctor came into the room.

"I'm glad to see you're awake," Dr. Jenkins said "And I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I know you must need more time to process this, but it's imperative that we get the baby out of you as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we're going to have to induce labor. In this situation, I wouldn't recommend you have a C Section" I honestly didn't know what to say or do in this moment. It just seemed like everything was happening so fast. The last thing I can remember was me celebrating my child's life, and now I was finding out that it was a life she would never have. I was heartbroken, and to learn that my safest option was to still sit here and go through labor, I didn't know if I could take it. I felt like I did everything I could to make sure my pregnancy was safe, I went against all of my Doctor's advice and did whatever I needed to do to carry this baby to term, and I still failed.