Chapter 29

Chanel   P.O.V

"Good Morning" I smiled as I walked onto the terrace to find Jeffery sitting at a table reading a book. He turned around and smiled once he saw me

"Good Morning Chanel" he said getting up to give me a hug before he pulled out the chair across from where he was and motioned for me to have a seat. I sat down before he went to sit back down. "Sorry if I kept you waiting, I'm usually not one to sleep in" I said. It was only 10:30 and though it wouldn't be considered late to most people, it was late to me. It's funny, because in college I hated waking up early but now I'm always up by 6:30 or 7.

"It's fine. It was good to have a little quiet time. I haven't had some in a while. If these kids aren't keeping me busy, my jobs are." He said and I smirked knowing exactly what he meant, well besides the kids part. I looked around at the spread of breakfast that was laid on the table and spooned a bunch of fruit into my plate before pouring myself a glass of OJ. As I ate I looked around at the scenery, it was beautiful, but I definitely questioned if he got lonely. He had to travel a mile just to get out of he vineyard and his neighbors were practically nonexistent.

"Do you ever get lonely out here? You don't have any neighbors?"

"Believe it or not, I don't. I'm around people all day at work, it's nice to come home and have solitude. But even then, I'm never alone. I have my friends that come over and so does Candy and those two kids of mine are social butterflies, it's never lonely or quiet here. You'll see in a few hours, at least 10 teenagers will be running around here in bathing suits looking to use my pool. I should start charging them" he said causing me to laugh but the expression on his face showed he was serious. We continued to talk over breakfast before we walked around back to the stables

"Whoa" I said to myself once I got a look at the horses before walking up to one and petting it. I knew horses were huge, but now being in front of one, huge seemed like an understatement. Maybe it was because my 5'1 frame was next to this animal that had to over 6 feet tall.

"Ever been around one before?" Jeffery asked

"Never" I said "They're so beautiful though. " In the stables, there were 6 horses but since I had no knowledge of horses, I didn't know what breed they were. 

"He seems to like you" Jeffery said with a laugh "That's Chestnut, my oldest. He hasn't let any of us touch him lately either, so that means you must be pretty special." I smiled as I pet Chestnut.

"Do you think he'll let me ride him?" I asked

"Only one way to find out" he said walking over to me. "Here's the saddle, you're gonna have to put it on him though." He showed me how to strap on the saddle before doing the same to his horse.

"You ready to go?" he asked and I nodded. I climbed onto the horse, not really sure if there was a proper way to, but instead of asking, I just did it how I saw them do it on TV.

Once I was on the horse I felt my heart drop a little bit. This shit was kind of high and I didn't do too well with heights. The horse slowly began to walk and I followed Jeffery and his horse Cherio out of the stables. We talked and walked along the vineyard and I was even more in awe of it than I was yesterday.

"This place is really beautiful. I couldn't imagine living someplace like this everyday."

"It's definitely really calming. You know you're welcome here any time, maybe you could come back up here with Trey. I'd love to meet him. If you're comfortable with that." Jeffery said