Chapter 5

Channel

"Sooooo?" Brittany asked as I looked through the rack of clothing

"Soooo what?" I asked as I examined a dress trying to figure out if I liked it or not. I held it out toward her and she scrunched up her face and shook her head.

"So how are you and Elliot? You guys went on a date and have been attached a the hip ever since" she giggled as she grabbed a dress from the rack and placed it in the bag they gave her as she entered the store.

"We're fine. It's really good to have someone else to hang out with ya know? He's a good guy" I looked over to see Brittany smiling from ear to ear.

"You should've listened to me sooner. I kept telling you this" she said and I rolled my eyes in response "So what do you think? Do you like him?" She quizzed

"I don't know, I guess I do. It's been such a long time, I kind of feel like I don't even remember what it's like." I said and she nodded.

"I feel you"she replied "Does he know about Trey" she questioned and the sound of Trey's name rolling off her tongue sent shivers down my spine

"No he doesn't." I stated

"Well are you gonna tell him?"

"No"

"You don't think he should know?"

"Why should he? It's irrelevant." I said walking away from a clothing rack with her right on my heels.

"I think it's relevant when he's one of the biggest superstars in the world." She gasped

"Look I don't wanna bring it up. He wasn't Trey Songz when I met him, so it's not like I dated a superstar. I dated Tremaine. I dont wanna talk about it when I'm reminded of him everywhere I go." I stated getting more and more frustrated

"You're not reminded about him everywhere you go." she said just as Heart Attack began to bellow through the speakers and I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, let's just got try these on." I said making my way to the dressing room. I definitely didn't hate Trey, I  got over him breaking my heart a long time ago, but it still stung thinking about it. It hurt me knowing that he would do that to me. The blow would've been easier to take from anybody else, but Trey wasn't just another dude. Even though I was young, I didn't see myself with anybody else. He was paradise for me.

"Hey Nelly" I heard Brittany say as she knocked rapidly on the dressing room door snatching me out of my thoughts.

"Yea" I said pulling the door open.

"You okay in there? I asked how does this dress look on me?" I cocked my head to the side trying to examine the dress she was wearing, it was cute but it was just too boxy for her frame.

"Nah" I said shaking my head and she sighed

"I thought so too" she said before retreating back into her dressing room.

Trey

"Tanaya, can you just decide what you want please" I groaned as I sat across from her waiting for her to decide on her meal for the night. I was fresh off my Chapter Five tour and upon coming home, I was excited to take my girl, Tanaya, out but she was really about to get on my nerves if she didn't pick something soon. I had been starving since I got off the plane, and I was really looking forward to a meal and her company.

"I'm sorry baby" she said closing the menu "I'm all done."

"Are you sure? You didn't have to rush because of me." I said partially lying. I wanted to mean that whole heartedly, but the growling in my stomach wouldn't allow it