Chapter 28

Candace

Candace

Jeffery Chanel P

Jeffery
Chanel P.O.V

I leaned back in my chair at my desk and closed my eyes while taking a deep breath. It had been a long week, and to say I was exhausted, was a complete understatement. I loved my job, but I think I most definitely need to take a vacation or slow down on the bookings for a while. Going to the gym was helping with a lot of the stress, but the fact that I missed the hell out of my man was counteracting that. Trey had been out of town for the past week recording with a bunch of different producers, since he had been getting really antsy about getting his next album out. It had been 5 months since my mom died and Trey had been doing nothing but really dedicating his time to making sure Jessie and I were okay, mentally and emotionally, but he didn't meed to any more. We were doing okay and I had things under control. Just as I felt myself about to doze off in my seat, a knock on my door pulled me back to reality. I sat up straight and cleared my throat before telling the person to come in.

"Umm, Hi Chanel" I heard a voice say and I looked up to see Jeffery.

"Hi" I said hesitantly as I got out from my seat and walked around my desk. I hadn't really expected to see Jeffery again, especially after the last time we spoke, so I was a little surprised that he showed up here. "What are you doing here?" I asked as I motioned for him to come into the room.

"I...uh..I came to speak to you...and to apologize. " he said before slowly stepping inside my office. I nodded but didn't speak, just waiting on him to say what he had to say. I leaned against my desk and watched him take a deep breathe before he spoke.

"First things first, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for walking out on you and your mom like I did. I'm sorry for not every trying to find you until it was too late. I'm sorry for being selfish. I know this doesn't make up for all the time I've missed and all the damage that I've possible done, but I truly am sorry and I'm ashamed that I ever abandoned you two like that. I'm also sorry that I lead you to believe that I truly wasn't ready to bond with you by not telling my family about you. I told my wife, my kids...I'm still trying to figure out how to break it to them, but I do know that I wanna be there for you. I've missed out on so much of your life, and I don't wanna miss anymore of it. So ultimately, I'm just asking if you'll give me a chance, a real chance." He said  as I looked in his eyes. He seemed sincere, but the scary thing is that I don't know if he really is or not. To be completely honest, I wanted to get to know him, but I didn't wanna get hurt. I nodded my head as I took in everything he said.