Where Do We Go From Here?

Chapter 166

Where do we go from here?

                         You sat curled up on the couch with Roxanne on one side of you, Donte on the other. They each had an arm wrapped around you, slowly rubbing your back. After 10 minutes of  releasing your anger, you finally managed to calm down. Roxanne took a look at your face. It expressed so much hurt and disappointment. "Donte, get me a face towel please." Without hesitation, he got up and headed to the bathroom. "Its gna be okay mama." Moments later, he came back with a dry towel. "Donte, wet it!" "Oh, my bad," he ran to the back and came back seconds later. "Let me see your face," she gently held it and wiped off your make up that ran all down your red cheeks. "You look so much better," she smiled. "Tha--*cough-cough* -thank you." "No problem [Yn]." "How about you go take a shower, freshen yourself up so you can relax..." You nodded. "I'm gna find something from your suite-case and start your water okay?" She watched you nod and then proceeded on. Donte just sat next to you, watching you in silence. He watched you play with the ring on your finger... "I'm sorry about what happened," he said looking up at you, "I really am. I didn't mean for that to happen." You didn't speak at first, you just sat in silence. "Its okay." "Yeah... You need anything?" "No, I'm fine." "Alright," he said getting up, "I'm gna start cleaning this glass up. Watch your step," he searched for a broom.  You sat as still as a tree on the couch. So many fucking thoughts raced through your head but the most consistent one was: Does he trust me? Roxanne came from the back, "[Yn], your shower is ready..." You slowly stood up. She noticed your wobbling so she ran over to help. "I'm okay." "Okay, just making sure." She lead you around the broken glass that Donte was cleaning up and to the back in her room. You walked in and couldn't help but notice how pink it was. "Right here's the bathroom. I placed your clothes on the counter. If you need anything, please, ask." She kissed your cheek and shut the door to the bathroom. Once you were alone, you undressed yourself and stared at your reflection in the mirror. You examined the faded hickies on your body. You pulled the shower curtain back and stepped in. The warm water helped relax you. The shower was one of your favorite places to spend with Diggy. It was so hard not to think about him, suddenly, you began to cry... You sat on the floor and just let it all out. 

                   "You alright [Yn] *knock-knock* ?" "Yes, I'm good," you twisted the door knob and stepped out. She smiled, admiring how pretty and fresh you looked. "Thank you for everything." She gazed into your red eyes; she knew you were crying. "No problem at all," she said hugging you. You noticed your suitecase in her room. You placed your clothes inside. "Donte still here?" "Yeah, he's in the front. I think he was waiting on you." You nodded and headed there. "Hey," you said walking through the livingroom. He smiled, "What's up? You look pretty." "Thank you." He was still cleaning up the glass on the floor. You sat on the couch and watched him. "I appreciate the apology." He looked up, "Of course. You deserve it. It was long past due." You chuckled, "Better late then never." "You still have that pretty smile I see." You blushed and looked away. Roxanne came in, "Thank you Donte!" "I'm sorry about this Roxanne." "Girl... Don't sweat it. These things are replaceable." You smiled, then decided to watch TV. Roxanne ran to her room and came back with a pillow and blanket. "I have meetings tomorrow. You're more than welcome to stay in my room, talk or anything you need okay?" "Why are you being so nice to me," you asked playing with your ring. "I know, ummm, I know we haven't had the best relationship ever but thats the past... We are adults now and gotta put out childish ways behind. Right?" "Right." She kissed your cheek, "You have a goodnight [Yn]." "You too." She hugged Donte and headed to bed. Donte clapped his hands, "I'm all done here," he said smiling. He threw the trash away and straightened up anything else he needed to. "It's getting pretty late," he said looking at his watch, "So I'm gna head out." You just smiled, "Here's my number," he said handing you piece of paper, "Call me if you need anything," he said being serious. He hugged you and headed out. Once the door shut, he left you all alone in the living room. You just turned the TV on and laid on the couch.