Well Here Goes Nothing...

Chapter 28

Well, Here Goes Nothing...

               You turned over in bed, then blinked a couple times. You then sat up and gazed at the sunlight seeping through your window blinds. It was Saturday morning. Saturday was your favorite day because it was nice and chill. Sometimes you would find yourself out with the girls or just spending time with your old folks. Either way, it was a win win situation. ''Ehh,'' you moaned while rubbing out some eyeball crust. You turned over and picked up your phone to check it, your screen read: 3 Text Messages. ''Lets see who these are from.'' The screen read:

Monique: Hey girl, we need to meet up later and talk about this party from last night!

Chelsea: Good Morning [yn] :) Lets hang out later

Phone Company: Your bill payment is coming soon.

You sighed at the last text. *sniff-sniff* You looked around. ''Hmmm, ma must be throwing it down in the kitchen.'' After you got up and went to the bathroom briefly, you headed downstairs. You heard some talking, it sounded like a man. Being sneaky, you crept down the stairs and tried peeping off the rail. You saw a man sitting on your couch..... ''Who tf....'' You wondered if it was one of your moms 'friends.' ''Oh great, I'm not in the mood to meet anyone...'' You got a bit lower down the staircase. Now you had a better view of this newcomer. After staring a bit longer, you ran down the stairs and over towards him. ''DADDY!'' He stood up as he saw you running at him. You jumped on him, which caused him and you both to fall on the couch. Your mom came from around the kitchen bar and laughed. You were so happy to see him, well both of your parents together. ''[Yn], you are too big for that,'' your mom said. ''No Michelle, you just jealous that she don't give you those kinds of hugs, haha.'' You sat up and looked at him. ''What are you doing here daddy?'' He sat up and fixed his shirt, ''Oh, I'm just here in town visiting.'' You made this face that said 'yeah right.' You knew better than that. Dad never came in town unless it was urgent. He chuckled at your facial expression. ''What?'' Your mom hit her spatula against the pan, ''Daryl & [yn], come to the table and feast.'' You both stood up and walked over.

Your dad: This doesn't look too bad.

Your mom: Oh whatever, I bet you gone still eat

You laughed as you fixed your plate. Three pancakes, over easy eggs, two slices of bacon & a small serving of hash browns.

YD: Dang [yn], you gone eat all that?

YM: Daryl please, our baby is growing. You just shut up and focus on your plate.

He laughed and asked that we say grace. ''In your name Jesus we pray, Amen.'' ''Amen,'' you all said in unison.

YD: Can you pass the bacon please baby?

You: Yes daddy. So really, why are you here?

He wiped his mouth and then looked at your mom: Well, I'm here because, well, you know, me and your mom are trying to, you know, work things out.

You dropped your fork and stared at him in awe: What, like as in...

Your mom cut you off: Yes, baby we are considering being together again. We've seen how much trouble has come from us spliting. We will do all that we can as a couple. We had our time apart and feel that we are ready.

Your dad joined in while smackin on some bacon: We also wanna be better examples for you. Through all things we want you to have us both in your everyday life. Especially this being your senior year... Prom and Graduation are only a lil over a month away. I wouldn't dare miss that.