Take A Chance

Chapter 65

Take a Chance

                         Donte was kneeling before you. He along with Kory, Marcus, Johnathan, Monique and some Anon were anxiously awaiting your answer. You just stood there with your hands covering your mouth. What were you going to do from here... ''Come on girl, say yes already!'' ''Yeah, shit my arms hurt, haha.'' You just continued to stare into Donte's eyes. You tried to speak, ''I...I..'' He laughed, then got off his knee, ''Look [yn], I know you with Diggy...But he's obviously not taking you. I just wanted to fill in for him, you know. Try and make up for the wrongs I've done to you. If you need to, just take some time and get back to me.'' You exhaled with relief. Thank GOD! ''Awh man D, c'mon you went through all this,'' Marcus said laughing. ''Look, it's her prom night. I don't wanna put too much pressure on her. Let her decide,'' Donte said smiling at you. He was being very understanding of your situation. ''Thanks Donte,'' you said smiling. ''It's all good girl,'' he said hugging you. You blushed, then relaxed your face as he held you in his chest. Once he pulled away, he went over to the guys. They all started laughing at him. Clowning him. ''HAAAAAAAA, she played you,'' you heard someone say. You just stood there and rolled your eyes. ''That was mean [yn],'' Kory yelled loud. ''Whatever,'' you said with your arms crossed. Donte rushed over to you, ''Here, don't forget these,'' he said handing you the flowers you dropped when he popped the question. ''Thanks.'' He smiled and then walked away, yelling, ''LEEEEEEHHHGOOOOO BOYS.'' You watched as everyone placed there huge, cardboard letters into his trunk. You looked at Monique, she was talking with Kory. ''I'll see you later baby,'' he said before kissing her on the lips. He pulled away, then said bye to you. ''Bye Kory.'' The boys all got in. ''Turn on D5,'' someone yelled. ''Pipe down!'' Donte put the music on loud, then drove off. As you watched his car drive off down the street, Monique came and stood next to you. ''I can't believe you just did that.'' You looked at her, ''Did wha?'' ''TURN THAT BOY DOWN LIKE THAT!'' ''Look, I didn't know what to say.'' ''Ummm, how about YES.'' ''Ummm, I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!'' She sighed, then pulled you by your arm, ''Come inside, we need to talk.'' ''Okay,'' you said pulling away from her grip. The two of you walked inside and headed upstairs. ''Where your people at?'' ''Out having dinner somewhere.'' ''Why didn't you go?'' ''They wanted some 'alone time' and what not.'' ''Oh.'' Y'all went upstairs and down the hallway. Once she shut the door of her bedroom, the two of you sat down on the bed. ''I think what Donte did was very commendable and sweet [yn].'' ''I agree but...'' ''BUT what?'' ''I, I guess I really just wanted to go with Daniel, that's all.'' ''Girl, look... He's not taking you. Didn't he say that he wasn't gna be able to make it!'' ''Yeah.. Bu..'' ''WELL ALRIGHT THEN, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?'' ''I don't want him to be upset about it.'' ''Why would he care, if he can't make it I don't see why he would be selfish and not want you to go with anyone.'' Wow... She had a point there. ''Should I talk to him about it?'' ''I guess so, when's the last time y'all talked?'' ''On the way here actually, I called him because I wanted to know what he thought about my dress... I made a joke and he blew up completely girl.'' ''What you mean?'' ''Like, he went off on me.'' She made this 'the fuck' face. ''Yeah, he can be rude sometimes.'' You looked away from Monique's face. She could see that you were a bit upset, ''Look, I don't think there's anything to feel bad about. He's obviously made it clear that he's not taking you. Stop bending over backwards and waiting on him. If he really cared, he'd try and make it.'' ''I guess you're right,'' you said looking up, ''I deserve to have my prom experience.'' ''Mhm, I think you should just give it some time. Like if he doesn't make any hints about coming this week then go with Donte.'' ''Sounds like a good idea Monique.'' Prom was one week from today and at this point, you were done waiting for Daniel. He's been rude and obviously you aren't his priority. You suddenly grabbed your cell phone and messaged Donte. He was your official date to prom.