80: Mock Trial [3]

Thomas Jefferson vs. Alexander Hamilton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You brought your hand up to your head, eyes wide. Looking down, you hoped that the sheet wasn't that see-through. You decided to tell yourself a lie, and believe that it wasn't.

Their surprised faces were etched into your brain and you oh so hoped they were too distracted by your body to look behind you at the man in your bed.

Wow, that was something that you'd never thought you would hope.

From your bed, Alex groaned and stirred awake, "Y/n? Who's at the-"

"SHH! SHH! SHH!" You hushed, Alex practically leaping across your dorm to cover his mouth. His eyes widened in confusion, then in fear when he heard who was on the other side of the door.

"Y/n?" Thomas Jefferson yelled through your door. "You alright in there?"

"I- I'm fine!" You yelled back.

Thomas continued, "Do you need us to come ba-"

"Yes! I mean- No!" You sighed and ran a hand down your face. This was a scene out of a movie, you swore. "Yes, please leave, and no don't come back. I'll meet you at your apartment!"

"You sure?" This time it was Aaron's voice.

"Yeah, I'm sure." You assured him, hooping that this was the end of the conversation and that they would just leave.

"Okay. We'll meet you at Thomas' apartment. Remember, Y/n, three pm!" James reminded you from behind your door.

You let out an okay and waited a few minutes after all three pairs of footsteps receded until you took your hand off of Alex's mouth.

"Sorry." You apologize, letting out a breath and sitting back on the bed.

"No need." He said, and laid back on your headboard.

You looked at him and smiled, Alex smiled back. "Good morning."

You hummed, "Very good indeed."

"Stay here with me?" He asked.

"As much as I would like to... I can't." You whined. "Not if we want the plan to work."

Alex groaned, "Okay. That means I should get out, right?"

"No, stay as long as you like. I just have to rush out. I have 10 minutes to get to Thomas' apartment."

"Or..." Alex pulled you back towards the bed, and into his lap. He pulled your chin down to kiss your lips. "You could be a little late..."

"I guess I could..." You smirked, and leaned forward to capture his lips in yours again. The two of you kicked away the sheets separating you, desperate to feel each other skin to skin again.

—–

You trudged your way to Thomas' apartment. You were a couple hours late.

Oops.

You rose your hand and forced yourself to knock on the door instead of turning, deciding to not do the project, and go back home. It took no time for them to open the door, or rather, Thomas to.

"Hey, Y/n." Thomas smiled and you mentally stepped away. You weren't used to him smiling, and it was creeping you out. He must have seen the discomfort on hi face, because the smile disappeared almost as quickly as it disappeared.