8: Wink

James Madison X Reader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have had a long month.

A few weeks ago, your boss just told you he was choosing a right hand man or woman and it wasn't you. Instead, he choose a newcomer named Alexander to stay under him and learn the ropes.

And it pissed you the fuck off.

Your bad day had turned into a bad week. Everyday Alexander would parade around the office picking fights with every employee, especially your friend Jefferson, who was equally annoyed with the newcomer.

You started to notice the small changes in your boss's behavior when you turned in your assignments, now he only grunts in response instead of the usual praise. You felt belittled.

All you wanted a hot shower and to sleep for the rest of your weekend.

You entered the bathroom, shedding your clothes, and turning on the water.

You waited for the water to get at least warm enough to soothe your muscles and then opened the shower curtain to get in.

It never warmed up.

You yelped and jumped out of the shower. You slipped on the bath rug and landed on the floor wet and in pain.

"Ow."

"Babe? Is everything okay in there?" Your boyfriend, James asked you.

Realizing the two of you lived alone, you immediately knew who the culprit was.

Your pain subsided and was replaced by anger.

"JAMES, WHAT THE FUCK?!"

You quickly wrapped a towel around your shivering body and stampeded down the hallway to your shared bedroom. Waltzing right in you glared at James until he looked up.

"(Y/N)? Is there something wrong?" He said as he put down his book.

"NO, THE DAY IS GOING PERFECT!" You immediately started yelling. James opened his mouth to talk but you cut him off.

"aND YOU!" You screamed. James' face immediately melted, if you weren't so angry you would've started crying at the sight of him. "And me? What do you mean?"

"YOU ARE THE WORST OF ALL. I COME HOME TODAY HOPING TO TAKE A FUCKING HOT SHOWER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A FUCKING WEEK, AND ALL I AM GREETED WITH IS THE COLDNESS OF MY SOUL!  I SWEAR TO GOD JAMES, IF YOU USE UP ALL THE HOT WATER ONE MORE TIME, I'M GOING TO BAN YOU TO THE COUCH FOR A MONTH!" You screamed.

There was a silence. 1, 2, 3, seconds that seemed like hours, and just when you thought you couldn't take it anymore.

He started laughing.

"Y-You're...laughing? Why ARE YOU LAUGHING?" You became even more enraged,but as James' laughed echoed through the room you couldn't help but feel you anger dissipate a bit.

"I- I'm sorry love, but is that what you're so upset about?" James smiled. "C'mere, all you need is some cuddles and sleep, alright?"

Your head lowered and nodded. You walked into his open arms. He always knew what you needed. The hug was warm and washed away the coldness you felt, but that didn't last long as cold air hit your back.

Your eyes opened. "Uh... James?"

"Yes my dear?" He hummed.

"The towel..." You trailed off.

"I know, Dear... But... how about I warm you up even more?"

"James Madison, I swear you need to stop thinking with your dick."

"So is that a no?"

"Now why would I turn down such an offer?" You winked.