56: Silly Rabbit

James Madison X Reader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"James?" You called out from your room.

"Yes, hon?" He answered.

"Can you help me real quick?"

"Sure," James walked towards the shared bedroom and opened the door, "with what- in the hell are you wearing?!"

You giggled and turned around showing off your costume. "You like it. I'm going to the children's hospital to surprise them."

"So you wear the creepiest bunny costume you can find? They'll be in for a surprise alright."

You rolled your eyes, "Shut up and zip."

You turned around and he zipped up your costume. Ou then turned again and picked up your head, and left the room.

"I'll be home kind of late, I have to get a crap ton of candy on the way to the hospital. I also might get some more cereal, anyone specific you would like?"

"You can pick, silly rabbit, however, don't forget Trix are for kids!" James joked. His smile sometimes made you want to punch him in his perfect teeth....

Softly...

With your mouth...

You shook the thought from your head and rolled your eyes. You picked up your keys, and wallet, opened the door, waved goodbye, and left.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the day James kept sending you rabbit puns.

They made your laugh in your intervals between meeting kids. The kids smiles and his texts were the only things that made that smelly costume worthwhile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You entered your home late at night just wanting sleep.

You opened the door and shuffled into your bedroom.

You stripped of your rabbit costume and dressed into more comfortable clothing.

James was already asleep, so you got in bed and laid down, ready to lose the consciousness you fought so hard to hold onto during the drive back home.

You were about to lose said consciousness when you heard a groan come from the other side of the bed, and arms wrap around your waist, pulling you closer to James. He sighed, "You smell like rabbit."

"Deal with it. I'm exhausted." You groaned back.

You could feel him smile as he squeezed your waist with his arms. "Go to sleep, silly rabbit."

And so you did.